• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    '86 Silverado Shorty....I get about 9. But I make it to each gas station really fast......

Jeez, I'd trade up for something that gets better gas mileage lol. It's a "Chebby" and it gets bad gas mileage! Two cons!

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Jeez, I'd trade up for something that gets better gas mileage lol.
    That doesn't always save money in the long run... I bet that 86 is paid off and overall cost of ownership is very low (insurance, maintenance, etc). If he doesn't really drive that much, 9mpg might not be impacting his wallet too badly anyways. The cost of a newer car that gets better mpg might not end up "saving" any money at all.

wllmwallace

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Denton, TX
    She's a daily driver, And it was my 40th birthday present last year from the wife. Had an '85 just like it a long time ago, only vehicle I ever regretted having to get rid of. She got it from Lone Star Muscle Cars in Witchita Falls. 54,000 original miles, hopped up 350, as far as mileage, yeah it's a beast, and I could drive one of the other 5 vehicles, but I love this truck. And, I have a company gas card.....

302959_2036241421856_1118842699_31877506_1017585891_n.jpg

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    She's a daily driver, And it was my 40th birthday present last year from the wife. Had an '85 just like it a long time ago, only vehicle I ever regretted having to get rid of. She got it from Lone Star Muscle Cars in Witchita Falls. 54,000 original miles, hopped up 350, as far as mileage, yeah it's a beast, and I could drive one of the other 5 vehicles, but I love this truck. And, I have a company gas card.....

i know how you feel. i got rid of my 57 chevy 3100, and a 75 chevy. theres an old chevy around the corner id love to buy. but im sure theyre asking more than i can afford right now.

wllmwallace

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Denton, TX
    another one....all original, and everything works, no "chebby" leaks, and sounds like time ripping apart when you put your foot in her...

IMG_0133.jpg

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land

There was a time where I wanted an 81-87 chevy or GMC pickup like yours, and I was actively searching for one as a first car. I loved those things. However, I couldn't find one in good enough condition like yours is, so I gave up and started looking for something else.

Termitehunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    San Antonio
    Is that what it should be getting? I would think you should get over 30 in that easy.

Driving habits. Most of my driving areas are stop n go in the Stone Oak area with a bunch of hills and a lot of idling. So yea its about right. On strait up highway trips I get up to 35.

The numbers I gave are city/highway combined.

Willy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    Ellis County
    02 Z-71 Suburban 14/18 140k miles
    04 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 14/18 165k miles
    06 Toyota 4runner 19/23 (I drive it for work so my gas is free!) 128k miles

I wouldn't hesitate to drive any of them across the country.

orbitup said:
    Is that what it should be getting? I would think you should get over 30 in that easy.

I agree, but that ethanol crap will take about 10% off of mileage.

Top Bottom