Gun Zone Deals

What kind of mind-boggling twattery is this?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    "In Poland, guns were stripped from citizens by invading forces multiple times, and so, in his mind, a government taking guns equals tyranny knocking on the door.I can understand why he would make that leap, and I don't judge him at all for it."

Well, duh. Pretty substantial history backing up her husband's view. As recent as Venezuela.

My wife will not shoot a gun. Does not like the noise and does not think she could bring herself to shoot someone in self defense. But she has no issue with my owning and shooting guns. And she fully supports the 2nd Amendment.

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    My wife will not shoot a gun. Does not like the noise and does not think she could bring herself to shoot someone in self defense. But she has no issue with my owning and shooting guns. And she fully supports the 2nd Amendment.

My wife doesn't have interest in them either, but if one of her kids were being attacked/assaulted by a threat she couldn't hit with her purse, she would look for the nearest gun. Mama bear is very protective.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    My wife had absolutely zero interest in guns (from upstate NY) and now she's got as many or more than I do, and laughs at articles like that.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Scanned over it because it contains the usual anti-hysteria and quoting cherry picked statistics. The money quote from the blog is this:

Typical "it can't happen here" oblivion in action.

You mean like the one that the cop shot the preacher in?

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    My wife doesn't have interest in them either, but if one of her kids were being attacked/assaulted by a threat she couldn't hit with her purse, she would look for the nearest gun. Mama bear is very protective.
    Sounds like my wife. I've gotten her to the range a couple of times, but that's it.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    My ex never had a problem with my guns (she had a couple of her own), but if she had I probably would have told her the same as when she bitched about my bike, "go ahead, make me choose".

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I’m of the opinion there’s certain non-negotiables for a marriage to last the distance.

Agreement on how to manage money

No grudge-holding or ultimatums.

Common beliefs

All of these things rely on open and honest communication, which is the foundation for trust.

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Twattery. I need to save that word for later use.

Disturbing and misdirected article.
    Reminds me of a recent organizational engagement that enlisted my input and opinion.

I, last year, was asked to participate with some liberal, very educated and honestly open minded professional women to talk to them about responsible gun ownership because they recognize that it's a major social and cultural reality in Texas.

I was able to influence some of their thinking in their realization that being a reasonable and responsible firearm collector, owner and shooter is a real and achievable thing.
    I even got three of them shooting an air rifle at my home. Hey, baby steps.

Problem was their real intent was to become involved in Austin lobbying to influence some "reasonable gun control" and they wanted to include my name as a supporter and influencer and that's where I had to say "No freaking way".

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I'll give you a quick hit. Wife alludes to Founders and assault rifles.

She can paint her growing up experiences however she wants. The net is that she wants you to not have any guns. Put that turd on a spreadsheet.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    Twattery. I need to save that word for later use.

Disturbing and misdirected article.
    Reminds me of a recent organizational engagement that enlisted my input and opinion.

I, last year, was asked to participate with some liberal, very educated and honestly open minded professional women to talk to them about responsible gun ownership because they recognize that it's a major social and cultural reality in Texas.

I was able to influence some of their thinking in their realization that being a reasonable and responsible firearm collector, owner and shooter is a real and achievable thing.
    I even got three of them shooting an air rifle at my home. Hey, baby steps.

Problem was their real intent was to become involved in Austin lobbying to influence some "reasonable gun control" and they wanted to include my name as a supporter and influencer and that's where I had to say "No freaking way".

We already have unreasonable gun control. it does nothing to control criminals and everything to control those who follow the law.

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    I think we needs pics of her to really make a final judgment

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads