Lynx Defense

What kind of mind-boggling twattery is this?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rdcott

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2018
    Katy
    There's a three part documentary on Netflix, a Ken Burns piece about "Prohibition", what led to it, how people dealt with it, and how it ended. Should give you a few ideas. It's eerily similar to the anti-gun movement.
    Thanks, but... Umm, somehow I get the feeling some of you think I'm arguing against your points here... Lol, let me be perfectly clear: 100% Pro-gun, Pro 2A.
    The woman who posted the article is misinformed and I was trying to point out why (even tho I understand her concern for her baby). Can you guys all stand down, now?? Good grief...
    Capitol Armory ad

rdcott

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2018
    Katy
    Just messing around. Don’t think anyone has a serious stake in the comments here.

Except Moonpie. Best just block him now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've dealt with plenty of "Moonpie" types on Social media- ain't skeered at all.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Thanks, but... Umm, somehow I get the feeling some of you think I'm arguing against your points here... Lol, let me be perfectly clear: 100% Pro-gun, Pro 2A.
    The woman who posted the article is misinformed and I was trying to point out why (even tho I understand her concern for her baby). Can you guys all stand down, now?? Good grief...

Huh? I feel like you totally misunderstood what I said.

rdcott

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2018
    Katy
    Well, sounds like you are kinda sideways lecturing me about Prohibition... of any type. I know all about Prohibition and what a joke it was/is to believe any Federal law will prevent folks from partaking in any activity they wish. Sorry, if I missed your point- please explain better for this old brain, Lol

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

He probably looked at the threads with real serious arguments over stupid shit and hasn’t yet learned the nuances of fake arguments over stupid shit.

Plus Moonpie being a dick.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    He probably looked at the threads with real serious arguments over stupid shit and hasn’t yet learned the nuances of fake arguments over stupid shit.

Plus Moonpie being a dick.

True, but I wasn't even fake-arguing. The question was: where does this kind of twattery come from, and I pointed out that it isn't anything new, there was always blue-haired, stuck up bitches (of either gender) with a cause.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moral_panic

(Wikipedia being what it is, it fails to mention prohibition and anti-gun movements in this article)

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    True, but I wasn't even fake-arguing. The question was: where does this kind of twattery come from, and I pointed out that it isn't anything new, there was always blue-haired, stuck up bitches (of either gender) with a cause.

(Wikipedia being what it is, it fails to mention prohibition and anti-gun movements in this article)

Hey, my hair isn’t blue!

rdcott

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2018
    Katy

I don't think I ever implied this Twattery was new- just that hers was probably related to the recent feminist movements. Stupid ideas regenerate with every new/ignorant generation of humans- history proves that, time and again.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    I don't think I ever implied this Twattery was new- just that hers was probably related to the recent feminist movements. Stupid ideas regenerate with every new/ignorant generation of humans- history proves that, time and again.

Do watch that documentary.

rdcott

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2018
    Katy

I watched the Prohibition documentary... the more things change, the more they stay the same. Funniest thing? Folks had plenty of time to prepare for circumventing the laws and 18A- just like they will any serious attack on 2A. Additionally, all the BHSUBs (of both genders) believed 18A would NEVER be repealed, so... bring it, blue-haired, stuck up bitches- we're ready. :loaded:

DD130

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Devil's Backbone
    Scanned over it because it contains the usual anti-hysteria and quoting cherry picked statistics. The money quote from the blog is this:

Typical "it can't happen here" oblivion in action.
    Yeap.. she's an idiot.

We lived in a place like that with condos ranging from $750k to over million $$ (we were renting.. feck buying a million dollar condo!!!). Locks on everything. Underground parking with key-fob only access. Plenty of video cameras everywhere. Here are the highlights of living there for barely 2 years.

* had my bike stolen from a bike cage, in the underground garage, after they cut 2 locks, one of which the largest U-lock you can buy for a bike.
    * neighbor's car stolen from inside the locked underground garage
    * theft of everything not bolted down on a patio (bike thefts happened weekly)
    * neighbor's unit (3rd floor) broken into and cleaned out
    * parked one of our cars outside ONE night.. found window busted, mirror torn off, blood all over inside of car. Cops caught the bastard bum, who turned out to be an illegal who (shocker) skipped back over the border... $2500 in damage
    * little girl raped and killed 2 blocks up the road, inside her locked 'artists' building
    * 20 year old kid was gunned outside the lobby in a drive-by

Gentrified "high-security" abodes are no refuge from the criminal element. Granted, this was in a pinnacle of Progressive governance...

Top Bottom