• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    If that was you and your wife, then I think we may have met out there. I think you were having trouble with it jamming? I was there with my wife we were in a big group of guys and girls shooting skeet. I offered you some oil for the shot gun. If that was you of course. ;)

NewTxn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    I did have a little trouble with the one in the photo. It was a 2-port gun and would stovepipe about 40% of the time when it was brand new with Federal bulk pack. It ran much better after it had a couple hundred rounds through it but the stovepiping never completely went away. I have since sold that gun and bought another S-12 with 3 gas ports. This new one has run like a top since day 1.

Fisherman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    DFW
    All those are nice shotguns.

That said, I prefer the Remington and Benelli as they just seem to have the best feel and seem solid and well built.

Though I would probably be happy with any of them.

cnl390

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    OK, here comes my 2 cents worth.
    My son started shooting skeet when he was in junior school & went on to shoot competatively. He went to the Junior World Championships 4 times and ended up a Class AA shooter.
    As far as 20 gauge, most competative skeet shooters, and I am talking world class shoot 20 ga. in the 12 ga. events, even the big 6' + guys. Less recoil keeps you from flinching as much and helps keep your head down.
    As far as semi autos go you will see a large amount of Beretta 390 & 391's due to the minimal recoil.
    Just my 1 or 2 cents worth. Hope it helps.

APatriot

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Houston, Tx
    Marine 870 Remington 18 or 20. But I guess I was a sucker, since I am a former Marine...LOL

The 870 IMO is the best shotgun for home invasion protection. During the aftermath of "Ike", when my power was out, it was my dear partner.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    The thing I don't like about the 870 is the location of the slide release (is that what it is called. I'm not a shotgun person). You have to take your hand off of where it is to jack the first round in. Not a problem if you keep one round loaded, but I like that my Winchester 1300, it is simply just a push of my thumb.

APatriot

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Houston, Tx
    I detected a typo in my post. I have the 870 Marine which is 12 gauge and 18" barrel length. Some mentioned "slide release". This shotgun is for home and personal protection, therefore i keep a round locked and loaded with safety on of course. Although nothing is more intimidating to another when you "rack" a round in the chamber...I know I get off on it...LOL

AmirFazadh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    Texas
    Just got a Mossberg 500 last weekend. I like it. Didn't realize it had a 2-banger plug in it- took it out, now enjoying the 5+1. Have to get some slug for the range, they let me test-fire it downrange, but no targets (target loads rip the target boards up too quick). Was thinking of putting on the pistol grip, but my brother advises against it. He also gave me the tip of pointing the first finger on the side of the pump, aids in target acquisition. Interesting, I'll have to try it. Apparently, you'll hit whatever you're pointing at. Makes sense, I guess.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom