• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    i am currently dealing with rats in my neighborhood....i've killed 4 in the last month

there is nothing more fun than a golden retriever coming to the door to be let inside - with a dead rat in his mouth

NOTHING..... :)
    i hate rats and snakes equally i guess

hellishhorses

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    Eddy
    i am currently dealing with rats in my neighborhood....i've killed 4 in the last month

there is nothing more fun than a golden retriever coming to the door to be let inside - with a dead rat in his mouth

NOTHING..... :)
    i hate rats and snakes equally i guess
    Neighborhood cat recently chased a mouse into my garage. Contemplated burning the house down, decided best to move and let it be the next owner's problem :laughing:.

But seriously, I moved every box, tool & rag. Parked the cars in the driveway and left the garage door slightly open for three days, just to make sure he was gone.

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    Neighborhood cat recently chased a mouse into my garage. Contemplated burning the house down, decided best to move and let it be the next owner's problem :laughing:.

But seriously, I moved every box, tool & rag. Parked the cars in the driveway and left the garage door slightly open for three days, just to make sure he was gone.

i havent had any in the garage yet - they seem to like taking refuge under my shed - i leave the poison blocks in there for them to eat- and then of course that makes them thirsty - so they head over to my pool for a cool drink - and then end up dead in the yard

the dogs love this arrangement.......my wife isnt so crazy about it

Big Phil

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    SATX
    From the picture I would say non venomous.
    Cottonmouth's have a very triangular shaped head and have fat body's.

dvmpiper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Terrell, Tx
    From the resident veterinarian and pseudo-herpetologist, it is a non poisonous snake. Rat snake is good choice, but the poor quality pic makes it difficult to correctly identify.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    From the resident veterinarian and pseudo-herpetologist, it is a non poisonous snake. Rat snake is good choice, but the poor quality pic makes it difficult to correctly identify.

Color pattern makes the argument for Elaphe obsoleta lindheimeri. ( Texas rat snake for those who don't speak herp-geek.)

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    It's a rat snake. Great and harmless unless you startle or attempt to catch. Here's a nice close up (you can see the edge of my door in the bottom right photo) I'm about 18 inches away)

apyhe2e8.jpg

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    No one can blame you for not wanting to get closer to take a better picture. Rat snakes are some of the only snakes in Texas that readily climb brick walls like you are picturing. Here's a photo (also taken with a cell phone) that might provide a better close-up.

3atygu7e.jpg

Top Bottom