What kind of training do you want?

Discussion in 'Training & Competition' started by Roach011, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Wildcat Diva

Wildcat Diva Active Member

Aug 26, 2016
    I can express my motivation for my choices ...but having to go ‘on the defensive’ to confront an inaccurate assumption about my assessment of the “facts” as I know them, and to defend the values and priorities that I know I have....

Well, that makes for not a great conversation.

toddnjoyce likes this.
  2. Jon Payne

Jon Payne Well-Known

Nov 16, 2010
    SE TX/Gulf Coast
    No kidding! I've been doing this a long time. The worst students I've ever had were the ones who didn't want to be there. Training military and law enforcement can be daunting. Training citizens who self-select and want the information is like a breath of fresh air!

My personal experience is the majority of my Texas LTC students don't seek out actual training. The ones who have; already made the decision to get additional training before they got their LTC.

I see no benefit in debating about training and I never want to give the impression I'm pressuring people into training. If they want information about courses I'll give it; if they want training I'll provide it. Remember, no one likes high pressure sales.

3. Wildcat Diva

Aug 26, 2016
    It doesn’t seem this way to me. This, once again, seems too ‘all or nothing’ to jive with my understanding of the topic of why people choose to train or not. There are too many variables involved to make this assessment so simply. And making quick assumptions about some of these factors as we are going to try to comprehend them is going to seem judgey.

4. Younggun

Younggun Doer of Deeds TGT Supporter Admin

Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I hope none of my posts came across as "anti training". If you want it or feel you need it then you should go for it.

Some of the most fun I've had has been training on the FATS system. You can put yourself in an almost unlimited number of scenarios most of which are based on actual events. It offers a lot of what typical live fire training can't.

Used to be a place in Waco but I think they closed.

seeker_two and toddnjoyce like this.
  5. Moonpie

Moonpie TGT Addict Lifetime Member

image.gif

6. easy rider

easy rider Allotropic Transformer TGT Supporter

Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I would like to see more people get their LTC, I think it would be beneficial to the state and the nation. The thread as Roach was presenting it looked to be discouraging that, and that's what I opposed. Saying that formal training would be beneficial, certainly I would agree with, but making it look as if all those that haven't had a lot of formal training are dangerous, to me, sets a bad precedent.

V-Tach, bignic83 and Jon Payne like this.
  7. Wildcat Diva

Aug 26, 2016
    Went to my Saturday monthly class.
    I wore my shemagh.

8. Younggun

Younggun Doer of Deeds TGT Supporter Admin

Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    "It's a fucking scarf"

V-Tach likes this.
  9. Wildcat Diva

Aug 26, 2016
    I look good in it.

10. TheDan

TheDan DEPLORABLE TGT Supporter

Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I've never seen a 360° berm in real life. I'm sure some range somewhere has it, but no where near me. I plan on eventually building one. I currently have an about 210° berm :laughing: