• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texastransplant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Purmela, Texas
    I used to carry this a bit but now that the value has gone up, I carry a newer Camillus. This is a Ontario Vietnam Pilots Survival Knife. It has had one tour of nam, given to me back 71 by a Cobra pilot friend. (nice story about a friend missing the bus to the airport airport and flight home, so WO friend had him fly gunner and made a quick trip to to the airport) Handle leather is a bit swollen due to being in that humid/wet climate. I carry the Camillus here, great for chopping, hacking here in the country. These were made to cut through the aluminum of the aircraft, sawback helps it to rip through. Gray paint on end of handle luminous but now long past that. Missing the cord that comes with it to tie sheath around leg and also to tie to the knife to make a spear.

Attachments

• DSC00951.JPG
      DSC00951.JPG
      79.4 KB · Views: 315

jeepinbanditrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Dallas
    I used to carry this a bit but now that the value has gone up, I carry a newer Camillus. This is a Ontario Vietnam Pilots Survival Knife. It has had one tour of nam, given to me back 71 by a Cobra pilot friend. (nice story about a friend missing the bus to the airport airport and flight home, so WO friend had him fly gunner and made a quick trip to to the airport) Handle leather is a bit swollen due to being in that humid/wet climate. I carry the Camillus here, great for chopping, hacking here in the country. These were made to cut through the aluminum of the aircraft, sawback helps it to rip through. Gray paint on end of handle luminous but now long past that. Missing the cord that comes with it to tie sheath around leg and also to tie to the knife to make a spear.

We still issue those :) We've got a crate of them at work to go on the survival vests.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    It's a nice knife but more money that I think I'm willing to invest in a folder. For my money I'd rather drop that amount on a Chris Reeve or Dawson fixed blade knife.

LilIrishTemper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    DFW - Sherman
    I dont know if you still have access to the PX but you can get them there for around a $100. Just a heads up if you get the chance and a little easier on the ol' pocket book.

Buck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2011
    Ponder
    I carry the gurber utility at work and switch between the boker ceramic and benchmade when not at work.

31404884.jpg

Top Bottom