• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    EDC knife is my Benchmade HK. Less than a hundred bucks for a Benchmade auto, I have 3 of these and have put them through the wringer. I love these knives.
    H&K 14700 Automatic Drop Point Knife (3.75" Black Plain) 14700BX - Blade HQ

Just FYI it's illegal to carry an auto unless you are on duty LEO or on duty military. It has to be "in the commission" meaning you have to be actively on the job.

It's also illegal to possess them unless you fit that category. They are not an "illegal knife" ... which is the misconception, it's its own category of knife in the Texas penal code.
    Venture Surplus ad

MyLittleFriend

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2011
    Dallas
    SOG Sogzilla today.

Good knife, but the blade steel is a little soft. That doesn't bother me much though, because I'm pretty good at sharpening knives.

xstuntman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    west Texas
    Spyderco Tenacious.
    All its ever cut was a block of cheese and a loaf of bread though.

My other pocket has a small pen knife under three inches and it varies from day to day which one I'm carrying. Those are my real working knives.
    Today was a Buck Deuce.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    SOG Trident, all black, semi-serrated. I've managed to wear the assisted open spring out, but it still opens one-handed. Solid knife, it's the only pocket knife that hasn't let me break the blade yet.

... I'm rough on knives. The LMFII I have has split so many oak logs for the fireplace... seasoned oak logs.

View attachment 8764
    I actually haven't had a chance to use this one in the field, I'm thinking about bringing it with me to training this summer but it might be a little too much what do you think?

Also (maybe this'll open a can of worms), what is the general consensus of what type of knife is best, folded or fixed blade? Obviously they both have their strengths/weaknesses but what do you use most often?

I have an LMFII. Great camping knife, makes a good replacement for a (much heavier) hatchet. Not much for fighting, I think... But if you need to clear a campsite and chop of some firewood... or maybe break some rocks. That's the knife you want!

PocketGroove

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2009
    DFW
    holster.jpg

SOG Aegis.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Kobalt from Lowe's. It holds an edge as well as most. I'm hell on equipment.

Tatsun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2011
    Arlington, TX
    SOG Flash II here, for work, safety, hunting, outdoors, etc etc each and everytime. Keeps a nice sharp edge, and works for everything I need it for. I have 3 at the moment, and I swear by them.
    sogflash2.jpeg

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I carried my kershaw leek today. I'm too scared to carry my benchmades to work.
    Same here... I don't want to bang up my nice knives, so I always carry the <$40 ones. Past few weeks its been a Kershaw Oso Sweet. Great knife for the money. If I remember correctly I paid $17 for it.

Top Bottom