• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    if you like pocket knives and have difficulty opening them, you might consider looking at some the automatic knives,(switchblades),
    there is a company that converts Buck Folding Hunters to automatic opening with the push of a button.
    they also have some Smith & Wesson and Boker knives that have been converted (probably other brands as well)
    My EDC knife is a Buck 112 Automatic. Came from the factory as such. Wanted a 112 vs a 110 as it's just a bit smaller. Super knife and utterly reliable.

IMG_E5620.JPG IMG_E5621.JPG
    Guns International

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    I purchased a Buck 110 automatic several years ago that has nickel bolsters w/ rosewood panels, it is a great looking knife, but I do not carry it everyday because of the size

That knife sounds really pretty and I have seen them online. The combination of wood and nickel.

Rosewood is nice and I used to have some grips on my former Ruger single action revolvers made out of that wood.

I gave my 2 Buck Classic 110 knives to my husband. A third Buck 110 knife went to a friend for his retirement gift.
    Mine were brass with walnut. Standard style.

A couple of other Buck and CLASSIC top brand knives went to my husband too.

Have you tried the BUCK in 'The 55' yet? I had 2 of them and gifted them to my husband too. They are smaller in size but like a 110.

I do not know if I am allowed to put up a LINK here showing THE 55 knife but it is ON a search if you go straight to the BUCK KNIVES main website. I guess that they make 'runs' on some knives during different times. I found it on a Google web search.

Almost all as in 99% of my fixed blade knives were bought in stores out here. I did order 2 small kitchen knives from the Buck company (Idaho.) over the telephone several years ago.

I like many beautiful folding and pocket knives but I LOVE, love and love fixed blade knives much more!

My husband has a few small, classic fixed blade knives and I helped pick out the wood for them. They were made several years ago. I can't think of the Idaho man's name now, sorry, but his steel work is well known. My husband knows several knife makers here in MT. One man who he used to work with before he retired made the handles and leather sheaths for them. Another man that he walks with on a regular basis is a custom knife maker. They have a MT knifemakers society or association out here too.

Cate

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I have an old Shrade Uncle Henry LB-7 that is almost identical to the the Buck 110 in appearance, size and weight that I bought over forty years ago. It may be a folder, but it's no pocketknife! I lost the leather belt pouch for carrying it many years ago.

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    Here recently I've been carrying a Mora horizontally with the sheath clipped to one belt loop and the end stuck through another. It works better on some pants than others, but I'm digging it so far. It's out of the way, easy to get to, and hard to tell that there's something under my shirt there. The dunlap does help conceal it a bit

View attachment 75376

My husband gave me a couple of MORA brand knives that kind of look like your knife.

Cate

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    Is that sarcasm? I have a handful of Moras and they all came pretty damn sharp.

We have 3 if not 4 MORA knives and all of them were sharp right out of their NIB - package. They were bought here in town by my husband.

He was pleased with them too.

Cate

Top Bottom