• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LHB1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Houston
    I'm retired after a career in the computer field (software development and management). These days I watch my investments in the stock market (mostly go down lately) and shoot my 1911's a couple of times per week.

Good shooting and be safe.
    LB
    Target Sports

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I'm retired after a career in the computer field (software development and management). These days I watch my investments in the stock market (mostly go down lately) and shoot my 1911's a couple of times per week.

LB

Sounds like fun :)

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Shooting the 1911's a couple of times per week is fun but watching my stock market investments go down isn't!! That's my retirement.

LB

Telling me, I did really well in 06' / 07' but 08' is looking ugly. I had to migrate into bonds to plug the ship. I think we are in a natural cycle of cleansing at the moment. Give it some time to correct, and so long as tax rates don't increase I think we will be moving along again in the next 6 months when people return to the financial markets. People will always need lending, and they will always need a place to live.

I haven't bought into the media's fearmongering of recession. We are just feeling the repercussions of large, unchecked growth in some markets and an increase in operational costs. This will weed out the weak, and leave us with the strong just like it has before.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I'm a residential real estate appraiser, which at the moment means I'm practically unemployed. ;) God this industry is killing me right now. Things will without a doubt improve, but I sure wish I could fast forward a year or 2 because it's not going to happen for awhile! ;)

Jim T, sorry to hear that sir. Keep your head up though, things are never as bad as they seem. :)

LHB1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Houston
    I haven't bought into the media's fearmongering of recession.

+1 If the media would just shut up, the economy would take care of itself without a full blown recession. I am concerned however that the media's constant "crying wolf" will drive us into one that we could otherwise avoid. Oh, well. Just checked my stocks and they are up today (so far). I'm going to sign off now and go shoot 50-100 rounds thru my Wilson Classic 1911. That always makes me feel better. Have a nice day.

LB

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    +1 If the media would just shut up, the economy would take care of itself without a full blown recession. I am concerned however that the media's constant "crying wolf" will drive us into one that we could otherwise avoid. Oh, well. Just checked my stocks and they are up today (so far). I'm going to sign off now and go shoot 50-100 rounds thru my Wilson Classic 1911. That always makes me feel better. Have a nice day.

LB

I can't remember the theory, but someone said that predictions lead onto themselves. Meaning is we keep telling ourselves one thing, we will believe it eventually, and react to it, and thus leading to it.

LHB1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Houston
    I can't remember the theory, but someone said that predictions lead onto themselves. Meaning is we keep telling ourselves one thing, we will believe it eventually, and react to it, and thus leading to it.

Exactly the point!!! Well, I had a great afternoon at the range and managed to fire 50 pretty good shots. Dropped the very first shot out into the nine ring and then put 47 of the next 49 shots into 3" ten ring at 22 yds. Just can't seem to put 50 consecutive good shots together without losing my concentration and dropping a point here and there. Now to relax and enjoy this new forum. BTW, see my latest post under Gun Oil. I invited George Fennell of Weapon Shield to visit us and post on the forum. Hope that is OK.

LB

murfdog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Pearland,TX
    Medical

I install medical equipment X-ray,Cat Scan,etc.... I travel all over the country the north east is the worst a lot of dumbies up there some have no clue!!!

ReVrEnD_0341

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Currently between jobs, living off savings and disability pension. Trying to get myself overseas where things seem to be a bit less complicated.

aerod1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Garland, TX
    I am retired from the United Association of Plumbers and Pipefitters Local #100 located in Garland, TX. I worked most of my career in Start-up, Service, and Commissioning of HVAC/R and Plumbing systems and equipment in major commercial buildings in and around Dallas. Some of my projects were Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, American Airlines Centreport 4 & 5, AMR Sabre at Solana, DFW Airport International terminal D, Presbyterian Hospital in Plano, just to name a few. There are many more.
    I have my Texas HVAC/R Contractors "A" License with my EPA-CFC Universal Certification, and my Texas Master Plumbers License /w Master Medical Gas Endorsement. I am also a Journeyman Steamfitter.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Anbu9
    Top Bottom