• Where are you willing to shop online?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Higgins909

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2016
    Pflugerville
    Been looking into making some things to sell online. Was wondering how many of you didn't do online and those that did, what do you use. Right now I'm looking at Amazon, Ebay, Etsy as potential selling platforms. But I'm still trying to figure out if I can actually make what I want and sell it without getting into any legal trouble. Before getting too far. Going to try and ask my one boss, next Tuesday. Reason to ask here is, it is firearm related.

Thanks,
    Higgins909
    ARJ Defense ad

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Been looking into making some things to sell online. Was wondering how many of you didn't do online and those that did, what do you use. Right now I'm looking at Amazon, Ebay, Etsy as potential selling platforms. But I'm still trying to figure out if I can actually make what I want and sell it without getting into any legal trouble. Before getting too far. Going to try and ask my one boss, next Tuesday. Reason to ask here is, it is firearm related.

Thanks,
    Higgins909
    So what are you making to sell? Have you read the policies of those sites?

Tactical Panda

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2019
    DFW
    Depends on what I’m buying.

New production = Amazon
    Old/used/hard to find = Ebay
    Hand crafted item = Etsy

Ive used all 3, though I use Amazon the most, followed by Ebay and Etsy respectively.

Higgins909

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2016
    Pflugerville
    So what are you making to sell? Have you read the policies of those sites?
    I don't think I've looked once at Etsy, but it was suggested to me. But I want to make a speed loader(s). It seems some of my original designs from years ago are similar and I worry about that being a problem. I was thinking I could just try to make totally different designs. Something that I have noticed is that many of these are just about copies of each other already and maybe I have nothing to worry about. There are already various speed loaders listed on Ebay and Amazon. Just looking at one loader on Ebay which has some data, I could do quite well! But I think Ebay possibly has bigger fee's than Amazon.

I'm still looking into DBA, LLC, EIN, Insurance, etc... Maybe I need none of that.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Some gun related items they won't let you sell on etsy.
    I made custom 3D printed speedloaders and got my listing pulled after a few weeks and they sent me an email explaining it was against their policy.

Higgins909

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2016
    Pflugerville
    Some gun related items they won't let you sell on etsy.
    I made custom 3D printed speedloaders and got my listing pulled after a few weeks and they sent me an email explaining it was against their policy.
    How did it go for you? Are you still doing it on another platform? It's pretty much what I want to do. Then anything else I can think of to print... Then maybe cnc, but very doubtful it will ever get that far.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    How did it go for you? Are you still doing it on another platform? It's pretty much what I want to do. Then anything else I can think of to print... Then maybe cnc, but very doubtful it will ever get that far.
    I only sold a couple. Most of the stuff I sold was 3D printed stuff for kids (mostly Lego light switches that I put the kids name on), and I stopped around a year ago.
    Etsy grabs a good portion of your sales when you factor in the "listing fee", then the transaction fee when it's sold.

Top Bottom