OWB holster under shirt at 3 o clock

This is with most guns I carry, big or small

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    I carry in a chest rig, always have. I don't have a big waist, 32", 6' 2" 190 lb, time I get my cell fone, keys, knife most of the real estate is taken. In the summer time I just keep it close in the truck, with an F 350 crew cab I can carry an arsenal in there.

Charley

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    San Antonio
    Most of my carry is about 3:30, right behind my right hip. If I'm doing a lot of driving, I sometimes use a CD holster, rides at 10:00. Easier to draw when sitting. Comfort depends on the belt, body build, gun, and individual carrying. As mentioned mot have several holsters in a drawer that didn't work for them. Only carry I won't consider is SOB. Have had back problems in the past, and one good impact with a gun/holster on my lower back, and I'll be out of action for at least couple of weeks.

pharmaco

Give me those potatoes
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Round Rock
    Any suggestions for a good gun belt? Right now I'm just using the leather belt I've always used. Doesn't seem sturdy enough.

Wilderness makes a belt called Instructor that is great.
    I used one with a titanium buckle for about 6 years.

Now I'm using a "Klik belt", and it's pretty good.

Very comfortable while still stiff

txbirddog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    Just a heads up. Go to Walmart and get you a plastic shoe box. This will be for the several holsters you will try trying to find the right one(s). I’m currently using a Kangaroo Carry for jackletless attire and Panther concealment with jacket or untucked shirt. Their paddle really conceals well.

With belts, Hanks and COMPTAC are my favorites as I like leather and wear dress attire most days.

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    I carry in a chest rig, always have. I don't have a big waist, 32", 6' 2" 190 lb, time I get my cell fone, keys, knife most of the real estate is taken. In the summer time I just keep it close in the truck, with an F 350 crew cab I can carry an arsenal in there.

That would be a great plan if you never got out of your truck.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Also what Charlie said about buying shirts with longer shirt tails is a good idea!

Search the forum for gun belts - there’s been lots of discussions on that topic. Generally, they’ll take two forms; the better ones are either thick because of two thicker leather layers sown together or they’re thinner with some kind of thin stiffener layer (either a polymer or metal) sown in between.

The ones I shy away from are the very thick single layer thickness belts. My experience has been they start off well but loose their stiffness with wear (especially if they get wet - as in caught in a rain storm - they just never recover). IMHO; YMMV
    True dat. I laugh my ass off every time those "untuckit" commercials come on . . . . I mean, why the hell would anyone want a fitted, shortish, untucked shirt that won't permit the shirt to cover a concealed firearm? Oh yeah--those commercials are aimed at metromales who would gasp in terror if they even touched a firearm. :lol:

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Guys, I must be doing something wrong...I haven't bought any holsters that didn't work for me. The only one I have that I can't use is one I inherited with the pistol that fits it, and I've replaced that one with an AlienGear.

Top Bottom