Join TexasGunTalk

What rifle is this.

Discussion in 'Rifles' started by Oscatemarroquin, Apr 17, 2019.

1. gshayd

gshayd Ugliest house on the block.

Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    If it legit and $400 and you like it buy it. Looks like it was made during the assault weapons ban era. I don't think you can go wrong at that price as long as it is mechanically sound.

Southpaw likes this.
  2. Moonpie

Moonpie U.S. Rifle M1 caliber .30 Lifetime Member

no pics.jpg

Dad_Roman likes this.
  3. MTA89

MTA89 The Mulleteer TGT Supporter

Mar 10, 2017
    Texoma
    $400 is insanely low. Go for it

4. rl96ss

rl96ss Well-Known

Feb 20, 2013
    South Texas
    Remember seeing one for $600 here awhile back and thought that was a great deal. Can't go wrong for $400.

5. majormadmax

majormadmax TGT Addict

Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Yep, Norinco Mak90 with a thumbhole stock from the Clinton AWB days...

It's a good price but not a great one. I've seen these run that cheap as being ban-era many people shy away from them for unknown reasons.

If it's in good shape I'd grab it if I was in the market for an AK, these are nice examples of Sino Kalashnikovs!

6. TX OMFS

TX OMFS Well-Known Forum Sponsor

Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    Stop! This is a rip off. Do not buy! Give me the seller's phone number so I can give him a piece of my mind.

TxStetson and gshayd like this.
  7. Oscatemarroquin

Oscatemarroquin New Member

Apr 16, 2019
    El paso tx
    Here are the pictures I promised!

Attached Files:

V-Tach, EZ-E and ZX9RCAM like this.
  8. dtschirh

dtschirh New Member

Oct 2, 2018
    Texas
    If you plan on changing that “butthole” stock, you may be hard pressed to find a traditional AK variant. The receiver may be the “slant” type. And if so, the square end stocks won’t fit. I converted one for a friend and ended up converting to an AR tube using an adapter from desert fox outfitters. 7ae84239547ce189aeeeda0b1ee17ee0.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9. Oscatemarroquin

Oscatemarroquin New Member

Apr 16, 2019
    El paso tx
    I actually like the wood look, I have an ar15 to look modern and cool. Maybe later on, your friends looks awezome. Thanks for the info on the adapter. What's the name of the adapter? I was trying to find it on fox outfitters website.

10. dtschirh

dtschirh New Member

Oct 2, 2018
    Texas
    I liked the wood look too, but I wasn’t able to find a replacement wood stock without the thumb hole. The main problem with the thumb hole is that the recoil beats the crap out of the your thumb.

There are two slant cut adapters. One for stamped receivers and one for milled receivers. They have FAQs to determine which receiver type you have.

The one I converted was a stamped receiver.

https://www.desertfoxoutfitters.com....html?osCsid=40aa829b9ead992d99e55b3cb05a76d4

Before you buy anything, be sure to remove the buttstock from the rifle. It could be you have a square end receiver with just the stock covering the corner. If that’s the case any AK stock will fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk