DK Firearms

What signs will bar entry to a business for CC person if legislation passes?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Texas has varied over the years on issuing a Texas D L to non Texas residents. Twice in life I've had a Texas D L while resident of another state. It had my correct out-of-state address on it. Then, some 8 or 9 years back, they wouldn't renew it.

Last edited:

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Texas has varied over the years on issuing a Texas D L to non Texas residents. Twice in life I've had a Texas D L while resident of another state. It had my correct out-of-state address on it. Then, some 8 or 9 years back, they wouldn't renew it.
    Why would anyone need a DL from a state they didn't reside in? What purpose does it serve?

All the years I worked out of state, I never got a DL in the state I was working. I always retained my Texas DL and address as permanent.

HKSig

Let's Go Brandon!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Spring
    Why would anyone need a DL from a state they didn't reside in? What purpose does it serve?
    I knew a truck driver who had multiple DLs from different states. I don't know if they were CDLs or not. Depending on where he was, and how much (how fast he was going when he was pulled over) trouble he was in, and how many tickets he'd gotten on a certain license, he'd pick the appropriate one to give the officer.
    That probably wouldn't work now.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I knew a truck driver who had multiple DLs from different states. I don't know if they were CDLs or not. Depending on where he was, and how much (how fast he was going when he was pulled over) trouble he was in, and how many tickets he'd gotten on a certain license, he'd pick the appropriate one to give the officer.
    That probably wouldn't work now.
    The laws on DL's changed some years ago. I suspect that very reason might have been part of why they did. I have heard of my truck drivers that traveled in many different states doing the same thing.

Top Bottom