• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whisky

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    I posted earlier that I was pretty much where I wanted to be with pistols and "not too much" into long guns (tho we do have a couple of shotguns.... we'll, I'm starting to get "educated" into the shooting world of .17 HMR

so much so that I've got coming to my local FFL, as a Christmas gift for my Wife, a Savage 93R17 BRJ (bolt action .17HMR rifle) and a Weaver Scope (4-16x42 to mount on the rifle)

we'll visit family, west of San Antonio sometime around Christmas and she'll be able to do some long(er) range shooting with it - at a LEO range to which my BIL has access - we also have a membership to a local indoor range that includes 100 yd rifle lanes, so she'll be able to shoot there whenever she wants

here's a pic of the same rifle that she's got coming (this belongs to a fellow on another forum) and I'll have a bipod mounted on hers (instead of using rests, as shown in the pic..)

I believe long range precision target shooting will be a lot of fun (we're not hunters)

100_7996_zps77b476f1.gif
    Gun Zone Deals

Last edited:

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Lol I'm in the children life cycle. Ie no money for guns at all diapers and formula...

I've got the bare essentials for hunting and self defense. So I don't have burning needs. Just wants and desires.

Gramps

Cultured Pirate
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Central Houston
    Flash is one of the finest, kindest, and knowledge people I have met. Keep at it Flash, you've got a long time left on this rock and a lot more information for me go glean!

So far my collection is small but that is partly by design. If I own a gun it should serve a roll and no reason desire for a wall hanger at this point. Sure that will change as time goes on but let's face it I don't have the room or money for a large collection at this time. Plus I'm addicted to training, nothing like hitting center mass while sprinting 45* away from the target or leaning how to react to movement, reinforced from the sting of an airsoft/simunition round.

So I'm still in the collecting phase and hope to increase my cache upon returning to Texas.

Rapidrob

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2013
    Albuquerque
    I got addicted to collecting firearms in the early 60's. Since then this sickness has consumed pay checks, altered my life in a way that my house is designed over my underground gun vault and the out buildings are for reloading,building,finishing of the firearms I build or restore/maintain.
    My wife is an avid shooter and collector as well. I'm so lucky it has all worked out after all these years. I take the Second Amendment seriously.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I got addicted to collecting firearms in the early 60's. Since then this sickness has consumed pay checks, altered my life in a way that my house is designed over my underground gun vault and the out buildings are for reloading,building,finishing of the firearms I build or restore/maintain.
    My wife is an avid shooter and collector as well. I'm so lucky it has all worked out after all these years. I take the Second Amendment seriously.

Welcome to the Forum, Rob...

Top Bottom