What Stupid Stuff Have You Done With A Gun?

pronstar

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Jul 2, 2017
Dallas
I was a young boy.

Was twirling my Red Rider BB rifle on my finger.

It was loaded.

Got a glancing BB pellet about an inch below my eye.

That was the last ND I’ve ever had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Admin
Nov 22, 2011
Spring
Creedmoor more so than dead frog.
OK, it's off topic but I don't care.

It always bugged the ever-lovin' shit out of me that Creedmoor was named Creedmoor. The actual, historic Creedmoor rifle matches from the 1870s were shot from positions that were more like (sometimes exactly like) Dead Frog.

If history and logic prevailed -
  • Dead Frog would be named Creedmoor,
  • Creedmoor would be named Sidewinder, and
  • Sidewinder would be named "I want to shoot my toe off!"

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Admin
Nov 22, 2011
Spring
Was twirling my Red Rider BB rifle on my finger.
If airguns count, when I was ~12 I set up an old, thick Coke bottle on a fence about 15 yards away. I pumped up my Benjamin .22 pellet rifle and shot it. The bottle didn't break but the pellet bounced straight back and thumped me square in the sternum.

I think that was the first time in my life I was glad I wore glasses. Even at that age, I knew that the pellet could have done awful things if it had come back a few inches higher.

striker55

Jan 6, 2021
Katy
Replacing a 686 rear sight blade over carpet. That detent was sure tiny and launched with the force of a thousand suns. I just sat there and said to myself: “yeah you just decided to change that out over carpet you butthole”.

To everyone’s surprise I didn’t find the detent. Ordered a new one.

If this story is boring as it likely is because it doesn’t involve an nd or hurting myself, try reading it with Morgan Freeman’s voice in your head.
I was smoothing the trigger on my Sigma and I didn't see it but a spring took off, I was at my kitchen table. When I started to assemble the gun I couldn't find the spring. I took the kitchen garbage can and emptied the contents on a piece of plastic, found it!

BRD@66

TGT Addict
Jan 23, 2014
Liberty Hill
We've done this topic before but I'll repeat - At age 11 or 12, I shot at a bird in an Ivy cluster on the side of my grandmother's house. BB bounced back & into the corner of my eye (no damage- WHEW!). I was the inspiration for "A Christmas Story".

striker55

Jan 6, 2021
Katy
I pointed my BB gun at my parakeet cage, didn't think it was loaded. Smashed Petey's mirror, that's when I learned not to point a gun at anything unless you want to shoot it.

striker55

Jan 6, 2021
Katy
OK, it's off topic but I don't care.

It always bugged the ever-lovin' shit out of me that Creedmoor was named Creedmoor. The actual, historic Creedmoor rifle matches from the 1870s were shot from positions that were more like (sometimes exactly like) Dead Frog.

If history and logic prevailed -
  • Dead Frog would be named Creedmoor,
  • Creedmoor would be named Sidewinder, and
  • Sidewinder would be named "I want to shoot my toe off!"
Creedmore is how I shot, Dead Frog looked dangerous to me. Ps I'd forgotten about the names, thanks.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Every Day Man
Shroud

Forum statistics

Threads