What Stupid Stuff Have You Done With A Gun?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    Here is mine.

IMG_20170404_081924.jpg

Actually a fake wound for an airport emergency drill test.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    About 32 years ago I lost a Colt Det Special in a pasture for a while. I was running down some n’er do wells outside a fireworks tent I was charged to guard at night. Wasn't a retention holster. Took me all night to find it...in a mud puddle.

Pdyson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    remember those tiny little Saturday Night Specials back in the early 80s? I had never fired a semi-auto pistol before, just some big bore single action handguns. Guy hands me a nickel plated 25ACP with ivory white grip panels with a rose in the center. I have big meats for hands like a catchers mit. I could hide this gun between my thumb and 2 fingers. He handed me a mag and said shoot it. I learned the definition of slide-bite as it took the hide off my thumb and tried to chamber into the gun for the next shot. I told him for self defense, it would be better to either throw the gun at his assailant, or give it to him and dare him to shoot you with it.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Mom caught me and my brother trying to shoot each other with BBs one day. Single pump Daisey air rifles. She took the BBs but not the rifles.
    In a punch at short range, toothpicks will do the trick. Drop them in, pump and shoot.
    They stick in flesh through jeans too.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Gedunk

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2020
    Austin
    Back when my brother and I were kids he got behind a big boulder and I fired my .22 over the top of the boulder so he could see what it sounded like. When you live in Wyoming you do a lot of stupid stuff for entertainment.

Kayt00

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 1, 2021
    North DFW
    One of my very first jobs was working a gun range on the Central Coast, I was 11 or 12 at the time (Atascadero Gun Club). My duties were many but primarily included litter clean up, mowing, and making sure that the clay pigeon houses were stocked with clays. I also got to load the turret launchers which was fun. I remember mowing the range one day and came across a live 20 gauge shell which I promptly placed in my pocket and continued with my duties.

Fast forward a few days and a question hits me, what makes these things so loud? So I started experimenting and promptly dissected that shell systematically. First up the shot, then the wad, lastly the powder charge which I promptly lit with a Bic lighter, none of which gave me the boom I was looking for. The only thing that was left was the base of the cartridge with the primer. One morning on my way to school a friend and I walked the allies so we could discover this together. Anyway I whipped out the cartridge base a pair of pliers to hold it with and the trusty Bic lighter. I put flame to base and a short time later there was a loud POP. I had solved the mystery, in my mind anyway but had also managed to lodge a Shotgun primer into my right index finger which later resulted in a week long hospital stay because I said nothing to anybody about it for some time until it started to really hurt. The hospital stay was the result of a massive staph infection and surgery to remove the primer.

Top Bottom