What stupid thing did you do today? I'll start...

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Admin
Nov 22, 2011
Spring
In the cleansing spirit of another thread started by rushthezeppelin, it's confession time.

My weight-loss kryptonite is breakfast tacos. I don't have them very often any more, thank goodness, but I succumbed to temptation this morning.

My normal routine is to get 'em, bring 'em home, throw 'em in the microwave for 30 seconds to re-heat 'em, and pig out. I followed the same routine today, with one difference. I went to a different place than usual to buy them. This place used foil, not paper, to wrap the food.

I didn't realize that burning (we're talking full on flames dancing behind the glass) a paper bag and napkins inside the microwave would a) stink so bad and b) fill the house with particulate matter to the point I felt like I was in a nightclub with 100 smokers. I had to air out the place and stay outside for quite a while.

OK, what brain freezes have you folks accomplished lately?

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
TGT Supporter
May 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Tx.
My step-daughter did that with a Chik-fil-a sandwich one time before I could stop her, luckily it was not in too long.....

I haven't had a cigarette since my bout with extreme pneumonia back at the beginning of July. Doctor showed me the CAT scan of my lungs and informed me I "officially" have emphysema. So I quit smoking. Just last week, after moving out of the hellhole of an apartment I was in, in preparation for my impending move to Ft. Worth, Texas, for some stupid (on my part) reason, I went and bought a pack of cigarettes and smoked the damned things. Now I have to do the quitting shit all over again. Nasty habit and one I've had since in was 19. I'm 63 now so that's over 40 years of abusing my lungs and my body.

Why I do some of the stupid shit I do, I have no idea why....... :/

deemus

my mama says I'm special
Lifetime Member
Feb 1, 2010
DFW
I haven't had a cigarette since my bout with extreme pneumonia back at the beginning of July. Doctor showed me the CAT scan of my lungs and informed me I "officially" have emphysema. So I quit smoking. Just last week, after moving out of the hellhole of an apartment I was in, in preparation for my impending move to Ft. Worth, Texas, for some stupid (on my part) reason, I went and bought a pack of cigarettes and smoked the damned things. Now I have to do the quitting shit all over again. Nasty habit and one I've had since in was 19. I'm 63 now so that's over 40 years of abusing my lungs and my body.

Why I do some of the stupid shit I do, I have no idea why....... :/
Addiction is tough to kick, no matter what it is. My uncle got emphysema, and would shut off his oxygen bottle to smoke a cig. Good luck with both those battles man. We are pulling for you.

shortround

TGT Addict
Jan 24, 2011
Grid 0409
Did not see the UPS delivery on the drive way. Box said "Fresh Fruit from the Rio Grande Valley. Protect from Freezing."

Too late, guess my wife's well intentioned Christmas gift from an old friend will enrich the compost pile.

robertc1024

Staff member
TGT Supporter
Jan 22, 2013
San Marcos
Slept through the alarm and failed to take my kid to gym at 6:20 this morning. (wife's still pissed)

texas_teacher

Well-Known
Feb 14, 2009
South Korea
Did not see the UPS delivery on the drive way. Box said "Fresh Fruit from the Rio Grande Valley. Protect from Freezing."

Too late, guess my wife's well intentioned Christmas gift from an old friend will enrich the compost pile.
Oranges or grapefruits? Either way I'm sorry for your loss. :-(

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Addiction is tough to kick, no matter what it is. My uncle got emphysema, and would shut off his oxygen bottle to smoke a cig. Good luck with both those battles man. We are pulling for you.
The oxygen thing is definitely what I'm trying to avoid. Was on one of those oxygen generation machines for a week after I got out of the hospital. Had bottles to put on a cart when I went out.

Pain in the ass and something I do NOT want to deal with for the rest of my unnatural life.... :beat:

Top Bottom