Hurley's Gold

What stupid thing did you do today? I'll start...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    In the cleansing spirit of another thread started by rushthezeppelin, it's confession time.

My weight-loss kryptonite is breakfast tacos. I don't have them very often any more, thank goodness, but I succumbed to temptation this morning.

My normal routine is to get 'em, bring 'em home, throw 'em in the microwave for 30 seconds to re-heat 'em, and pig out. I followed the same routine today, with one difference. I went to a different place than usual to buy them. This place used foil, not paper, to wrap the food.

I didn't realize that burning (we're talking full on flames dancing behind the glass) a paper bag and napkins inside the microwave would a) stink so bad and b) fill the house with particulate matter to the point I felt like I was in a nightclub with 100 smokers. I had to air out the place and stay outside for quite a while.

OK, what brain freezes have you folks accomplished lately?
    Hurley's Gold

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    My step-daughter did that with a Chik-fil-a sandwich one time before I could stop her, luckily it was not in too long.....

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I haven't had a cigarette since my bout with extreme pneumonia back at the beginning of July. Doctor showed me the CAT scan of my lungs and informed me I "officially" have emphysema. So I quit smoking. Just last week, after moving out of the hellhole of an apartment I was in, in preparation for my impending move to Ft. Worth, Texas, for some stupid (on my part) reason, I went and bought a pack of cigarettes and smoked the damned things. Now I have to do the quitting shit all over again. Nasty habit and one I've had since in was 19. I'm 63 now so that's over 40 years of abusing my lungs and my body.

Why I do some of the stupid shit I do, I have no idea why....... :/

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I haven't had a cigarette since my bout with extreme pneumonia back at the beginning of July. Doctor showed me the CAT scan of my lungs and informed me I "officially" have emphysema. So I quit smoking. Just last week, after moving out of the hellhole of an apartment I was in, in preparation for my impending move to Ft. Worth, Texas, for some stupid (on my part) reason, I went and bought a pack of cigarettes and smoked the damned things. Now I have to do the quitting shit all over again. Nasty habit and one I've had since in was 19. I'm 63 now so that's over 40 years of abusing my lungs and my body.

Why I do some of the stupid shit I do, I have no idea why....... :/

Addiction is tough to kick, no matter what it is. My uncle got emphysema, and would shut off his oxygen bottle to smoke a cig. Good luck with both those battles man. We are pulling for you.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Did not see the UPS delivery on the drive way. Box said "Fresh Fruit from the Rio Grande Valley. Protect from Freezing."

Too late, guess my wife's well intentioned Christmas gift from an old friend will enrich the compost pile.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Slept through the alarm and failed to take my kid to gym at 6:20 this morning. (wife's still pissed)

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    Did not see the UPS delivery on the drive way. Box said "Fresh Fruit from the Rio Grande Valley. Protect from Freezing."

Too late, guess my wife's well intentioned Christmas gift from an old friend will enrich the compost pile.

Oranges or grapefruits? Either way I'm sorry for your loss. :-(

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Addiction is tough to kick, no matter what it is. My uncle got emphysema, and would shut off his oxygen bottle to smoke a cig. Good luck with both those battles man. We are pulling for you.

The oxygen thing is definitely what I'm trying to avoid. Was on one of those oxygen generation machines for a week after I got out of the hospital. Had bottles to put on a cart when I went out.

Pain in the ass and something I do NOT want to deal with for the rest of my unnatural life.... :beat:

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I didn't do this today, but I'm still suffering from the results of it today.

In 2011, I rode bicycles 3,414 miles. I logged every mile and even kept a running log in the TGT fitness threads. I'm 67 years old.... and was 65 at that time.

Well.......I broke my ass doing that. 3K miles on a bicycle seat can do horrible things to a Human ass and I was not spared from it! Blood and extreme pain was involved! Had I ridden in moderation, I would not still be mending two years later! There is NO way that I can ride bikes more than a mile or so.

I am like a friggin' bulldog! When I get a goal set, nothing short of death will keep me from it! The correct approach would have been to ride in moderation and I'd still be riding today.

I lost 31 pounds, have legs like iron bars, my blood pressure last night was 102/73. Because I got so crippled up, I gained all the weight back. Fortunately, the other positive changes still remain.

Use MODERATION in everything about the Human body.................Lesson learned!

Flash

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I broke my ass...
    Been there and done that. I'll spare y'all the details but I overused a particular piece of exercise equipment several years ago. I have given up hope that my lower back will ever fully recover.

zx9rt1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 6, 2008
    "Well.......I broke my ass doing that. 3K miles on a bicycle seat can do horrible things to a Human ass and I was not spared from it! Blood and extreme pain was involved! Had I ridden in moderation, I would not still be mending two years later! There is NO way that I can ride bikes more than a mile or so."

Damn, Flash! I thought you done that with no bicycle seat. I had to re-read it. :)

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom