APOD Firearms

What to do about scumbags checking car doors at night?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When a couple knuckleheads eat a little bit of Louisville Slugger, then they'll know the juice ain't worth the squeeze in a particular neighborhood. Of course, they'll soon find another, more compassionate & progressive neighborhood that will provide them sanctuary for their fûckery . . .

and no, not for the act of merely checking a door, but for the inevitable instance when, having once checked the door and finding one that will open, they--being criminally-inclined--open that door and enter within with the intent to commit a felony or theft therein. #GAMEON!
    22375.jpg

diesel1959por vidaLifetime Member
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Start a Conversation

Maybe I need one. Not sure what I would put it on, or how that all works. I’d have to get a threaded barrel, also, right?
    Total silencer noob here.
    Can the same silencer fit on different firearms?
    It can. It's not always optimum, but you can (as an example), use a silencer designed for a .45ACP on a 9mm pistol, assuming you can adapt the suppressor to the thread pitch of the barrel. Manufacturers make this pretty easy. You can also use a suppressor for a .30cal rifle on a 6.8SPC, 6.5CM, .270, 5.56, etc.

Probably the greatest fun with a suppressor comes from shooting .22LR suppressed. Just silly stupid quiet and really useful for pest eradication on a low-key basis.

I think I'm up over fifteen suppressors now . . . or at least I would be but for that lousy marine accident . . .
    Hurley's Gold

Attachments

• 22375.jpg
      22375.jpg
      3.2 KB · Views: 517

Jack Ryan

Mr. Medium
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Eseldorf
    So recently a group of assholes has been going around checking for unlocked car doors so they can steal shit.

I'm pretty pissed off because they checked my wife's car (maybe stole a box cutter). I saw a group of 3 of them the other night, and later found out that 3 pricks got into the neighbors car, so it was most likely them.

What can I legally do to cause as many problems for these assholes as possible?
    Can they sue me if I glue razor blades to the door handles?
    Electric fence.

Jack Ryan

Mr. Medium
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Eseldorf
    EDIT - My apologies for the long winded post, I used voice to txt and dictated it, apparently I talk to damn much. Suprising since it took just a few minutes to say it and proof it.

ok.....I was transferred to Ft Huachuca for a few months of training and our guys were assigned "temporary" quarters on the back half of a floor in a 3 story barracks of noobs in MOS school. We were putting in a lot of time and long days and weekends were the norm the first couple of weeks. A week or so later shit started come up missing. Nothing serious, but stuff that was high dollar on your own nickle; and shirts, shoes, sock, hats, the kind of stuff you could gank easily. Items that disappeared quick was issue jungle boots, nomex balaclavas, gloves and hoodies.

Here we are, losing our shit to ***** ass pogues, and Mr butter bar wont do shit about it. Being devious is as important as good shooting when your training and operational doctrine is breaking shit in someone elses backyard. We had a weekend off and having to take all our shit with us pissed us off. We check into a hotel, brainstorm over a couple cases of brews and shots, and was pleasantly suprised when some strippers knocked on the door that our training cadre hooked up. We hit some bars, ending up at one place where we sat on the patio. We partied till closing and when the lights came on, I saw that the thick vegetation was poison ivy. Being intimately aquainted with poison ivy/genitalia interaction and NBC training, it took a millisecond to realize I had a bad ass chemical weapon and could use it with impunity. I pointed it outand they were all over it when I told them what I had in mind and what that shit would accomplish

Next day we picked up some large heavy duty trashbags, a cheap blender and a small handheld sprayer with an adjustable tip. I MOPPed up, stripped the leaves off the vines, and blended it up with a little liquid soap to emulsify the oils and act as a surfactant so it would spread evenly and adhere to a smooth or non porous surface. I filled up the spray bottle and poured the rest in a couple of issue canteens, picked up a couple sets of gloves and hoodies from the PX along with a few other items and went back to the barracks to make a show of our new shit when they were entering the building.

We talked shit about our schwag in the recce room, chowhall, walked around running our mouths about all our cool toys. And left it at that.

That night, I MOPPd up in the armory, carefully slice open the packaging along the seam, then proceeded to soak the shit out of the gloves, the hoodies, all of it, then poured some inside the gloves and fingers and laid them out to dry.

Couple days later, I put them back in the package, set them out so they'd be seen when they entered the barracks and dressed out for PT, then hauled ass. Sure enough, when we got back to our room later that night, the shit was gone. Jackin their ass up wasnt the end of it. We wanted to out their ass and wanted it bad. Not to confront or resort to violence. Who snags new schwag without trying it on? Its human nature. Happy as hell, got something cool for free, fk yea theyre gonna try it on. Covered with some shit they dont know is there. I have yet to meet a man that uses his feet to shave, piss, scratch his sac, or wipe his ass. And the culprits hands were just the appetizer. His ass has a main course coming.

Needless to say, two people on our floor were sent to sick call. We ID'd their bunks and sprayed the shit out of their bunk, pillows, sheets, blankets, lockers, door knobs, everything they'd touch.
    Outstanding!

I've used a little poison ivy before myself. I just filled a zip lock bag with it and when I walked past a "target door knob", open the bag and put it over the knob, twist and squeeze a few times. Close the bag as I walk away. You can do that over and over again for months.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    If thieves have zero motivation to stop - then they keep on stealing.

Simple.

Doing nothing while ambiguously stating that passivity (cuz that's what doing nothing amounts to) is the way to go, seems destined to help keep thieves.....thieving.

Plus, these thieves are just 'kids', so they get a pass, right?

While law abiding citizens wring their hands and tie themselves into legal 'don't do nothing to stop them from stealing man knots, or you'll get into trouble - meanwhile these same kids grow up to be even worse criminals.

Great, just great.......

Stealing property is a gateway crime for these 'kids' to become even worse dirtbags, but sure, lay back, do nothing but help them steal by being paralyzed into inaction.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    If thieves have zero motivation to stop - then they keep on stealing.

Simple.

Doing nothing while ambiguously stating that passivity (cuz that's what doing nothing amounts to) is the way to go, seems destined to help keep thieves.....thieving.

Plus, these thieves are just 'kids', so they get a pass, right?

While law abiding citizens wring their hands and tie themselves into legal 'don't do nothing to stop them from stealing man knots, or you'll get into trouble - meanwhile these same kids grow up to be even worse criminals.

Great, just great.......

Stealing property is a gateway crime for these 'kids' to become even worse dirtbags, but sure, lay back, do nothing but help them steal by being paralyzed into inaction.

Who said to do nothing? Are deadly force and nothing the only options?

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    View attachment 175373
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Start a Conversation

Maybe I need one. Not sure what I would put it on, or how that all works. I’d have to get a threaded barrel, also, right?
    It can. It's not always optimum, but you can (as an example), use a silencer designed for a .45ACP on a 9mm pistol, assuming you can adapt the suppressor to the thread pitch of the barrel. Manufacturers make this pretty easy. You can also use a suppressor for a .30cal rifle on a 6.8SPC, 6.5CM, .270, 5.56, etc.

Probably the greatest fun with a suppressor comes from shooting .22LR suppressed. Just silly stupid quiet and really useful for pest eradication on a low-key basis.

I think I'm up over fifteen suppressors now . . . or at least I would be but for that lousy marine accident . . .

1z1oa7.jpg

;)

Attachments

• 1z1oa7.jpg
      1z1oa7.jpg
      29.8 KB · Views: 379

birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya

An observation applicable to a number of social ills.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    TXI,

That's what I read - you?

Oh right, call Law Enforcement is another option though unlikely to be prompt.

Am I missing another option?

No slam on you, what I've read does seem shoot, do nothing, wring hands and maybe call the cops with little confidence they'll be able to do much.

Yes, property crimes seem (to some) low priority, but simply letting it happen isn't a good solution.....or just let these po chidren have whatever they want as (unbelievable as it is) theft is considered a non-crime by some of the dem/commie class. So what's a mere citizen to do? Might as well invite em in for ice tea and have them look over what they'd like to take......not me. Wouldn't be prudent.

Dem/commies are now campaigning to let shop lifting (another property crime, just not yours or mine) be reclassified as a non-crime.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    I dont see your point. Did the guy I quote mention a disabled guy in a wheelchair, or did he make a blanket statement that is hugely misleading?
    No, nor did I say you had. I happen to be speaking about myself. And, by extension, anyone else similarly-situated. I was adding a hypothetical that's not so hypothetical. Just saying.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    View attachment 175373
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Start a Conversation

"Pest eradication", to me, means possums/squirrels/feral cats/venomous snakes/etc. Are you somehow trying to imply more than that or that I mean more than that?

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    TXI,

That's what I read - you?

Oh right, call Law Enforcement is another option though unlikely to be prompt.

Am I missing another option?

No slam on you, what I've read does seem shoot, do nothing, wring hands and maybe call the cops with little confidence they'll be able to do much.

Yes, property crimes seem (to some) low priority, but simply letting it happen isn't a good solution.....or just let these po chidren have whatever they want as (unbelievable as it is) theft is considered a non-crime by some of the dem/commie class. So what's a mere citizen to do? Might as well invite em in for ice tea and have them look over what they'd like to take......not me. Wouldn't be prudent.

Dem/commies are now campaigning to let shop lifting (another property crime, just not yours or mine) be reclassified as a non-crime.

Well, working backwards through your post, I don't see anyone campaigning to remove shoplifting from the penal code. If you are referring to the Dallas DA, he is refusing to prosecute SOME misdemeanor theft based on a non-published seemingly arbitrary standard. I still don't see that has removing theft from the code.

Your "invite them in for ice tea" is hyperbole that doesn't make sense. You have a right to use a reasonable amount of force to prevent theft, including deadly force if it meets the criteria. If "deadly force or nothing" are your only viable options you should probably just stay in the house unless you have severe circumstances, like the guy confined to the wheelchair...

For me, there is lesser amounts of force. There is citizens arrest where you can DISPLAY a firearm to stop the theft without actually pressing the trigger. Lots of options, and I can tell you this, I won't kill someone just over stuff.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Had someone break into my car and dig through the glove box and console box. They took a couple gift cards worth less than $50, left my $200 sunglasses, and missed a bank bag with $2500ish in it under my seat.

I had a contract for concessions for a football game, and forgot to bring the cash in after a late night game. Glad I don't have that contract anymore, as I hated carrying a bunch of cash around at night.

I don't leave anything of value in my car anymore. They can break in, and they have, but they get pretty much nothing of value.

Last edited:

birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    I've "heard" of several Mr. Sticky Fingers on base that beat felony theft and drug possession charges with an insanity plea and getting institutional confinement instead of leavenworth. I knew the individuals involved and it was an eye opening experience. I can honestly say that the greatest takeaway from the experience is NEVER ever eat sauteed mushroons prepared by someone else, particularly when you havent the slightest idea who the fk they are. The abrupt appearance of baby jesuses popping out of the carpet and shooting stars flying out of the wall would definately ruin your meal.

Top Bottom