• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    Currently I have a Browning Citori featherweight with an English stock. However there is no reoil pad, just the piece of plastic, And shooting it for doves or clays is a real pain. actual pain. I have tried it as well as several friends on clays and we all agree that this is not the gun to shoot without some extra protection.. For pheasants or other birds it is not so bad as you only shoot once in a while. So my dilemma, put on an after market recoil pad or buy a newer shotgun? The problem is to add the recoil pad requires lopping off part of the stock and potentially chipping the finish. Or buy a new gun. Now since I am a bit on the cheep side, a new gun will run me $1600+ and a recoil pad is about $50. So do i cut or not cut? opinions please.
    Leave the gun alone. Buy a shoulder protector. My buddies call it my “Manzeer”. Mine is gel filled and I can shoot 3” full boat loads all day long and sleep well, unbruised, all night long.
    Hurley's Gold

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    Well I did it. Bought a kickEze pad sized to fit. Not a perfect fit. Used a heat gun to mold the pad marked off screw holes it works, added about 3/4 inch to overall length. Not a perfect fit but will work for my purpose. Will try it out this weekend

F6D93F8B-A673-407E-A13E-47EB6F8CD066.jpeg

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Sir shotguns matter I can tell you don't like it send it to me I have a non profit organization that takes in all unwanted firearms. I promise I'll love it hug it stroke it and give it a good hoe errr homehttps://youtu.be/ArNz8U7tgU4

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    Sir shotguns matter I can tell you don't like it send it to me I have a non profit organization that takes in all unwanted firearms. I promise I'll love it hug it stroke it and give it a good hoe errr homehttps://youtu.be/ArNz8U7tgU4
    There you go again. Offering to accept some ones pain.

Skeet

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2021
    Colorado
    I'm quite late to this party since I just joined TGT yesterday, but for what it's worth.........having had a right total shoulder joint replacement and being recoil sensitive I tried most of the major brands. The best for me was the the Limbsaver Airtech. I put them on all my shotguns and my shoulder is all the more happier for it.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    Personally, I would have restocked it with a custom fitted stock. Cost only as much as the original gun!!!

I never liked English straight stocks. But in the gun clubs/shops there, they rarely sold a factory stock. Fitting was considered to be the most important part of being able to shoot a shotgun well.

That said, I always had to add length to my shotguns. It seems factory stocks are made for small Japanese or Italians. lol

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I'm quite late to this party since I just joined TGT yesterday, but for what it's worth.........having had a right total shoulder joint replacement and being recoil sensitive I tried most of the major brands. The best for me was the the Limbsaver Airtech. I put them on all my shotguns and my shoulder is all the more happier for it.

Welcome to the Forum!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom