What to do with my suppressors when I am gone?

lightflyer1

Well-Known
May 2, 2015
So I am trying to plan ahead for the eventual future. I own tax stamp items (2 suppressors) and have instructed my wife to just turn them in when I am gone. She has no interest and neither does anyone else I know. Selling these things is problematic at best and little to no resale value anyway and I don't want her to be dealing with that. Neither do I want them in the wrong hands. In a case like this who are the proper authorities to turn things like this over to? Directly somehow to the ATF? Don't want them to come looking for it after turning in to the police for example.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
May 2, 2015
I have a trust, just no one in particular personally who would want them. If I found a legitimate charity that was interested I may just add them as a beneficiary to the trust. Anyone know of any?

mad88minute

Well-Known
Oct 13, 2017
Houston
Is it really all that hard to unload them?

I just bought my second one and thought it was easy.

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong, wouldn't you just have to meet the meet the buyer at an FFL? The dealer would process paperwork and hold the suppressor until the new buyers stamp comes in.

Don't know your situation but your wife might want benefit from the money.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

mad88minute

Well-Known
Oct 13, 2017
Houston
Up to you....but sans any familial interest, why hot find a local hunting group that does charity type hunts and set up a trust with them as the beneficiary?
Not a bad idea.

The Harper WMA has a Jacob Krebs veterans memorial youth hunt. They just had their 8th annual hunt, children of veteran/ leo harvested 40+ deer. It was an amazing experience for my son and I.

I also know a great hunt club in Centerville that just hosted their first annual veteran/ leo youth hunt thru Texas Youth Hunting Program ( TYHP). All of these hunts make loaner rifles available to the youth if they need them.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

cycleguy2300

Well-Known
Mar 19, 2010
Austin, Texas
So I am trying to plan ahead for the eventual future. I own tax stamp items (2 suppressors) and have instructed my wife to just turn them in when I am gone. She has no interest and neither does anyone else I know. Selling these things is problematic at best and little to no resale value anyway and I don't want her to be dealing with that. Neither do I want them in the wrong hands. In a case like this who are the proper authorities to turn things like this over to? Directly somehow to the ATF? Don't want them to come looking for it after turning in to the police for example.
I am sure you could find someone here that would buy them from you or your estate through the appropriate FFL when the time comes.

I'll say it now. I would be interested in them.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

mp_tx

Aug 21, 2009
Austin
Do you live in a cave? You have no friends that you shoot with or go to gun shows with? No friends or friends kids who are getting into the sport? Are you a TSRA member? How about picking one of those kids you read about in the monthly magazines winning youth shooting sport competitions?

You want to go shooting sometime, new best friend?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom