• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I never really understood the appeal of a pool. I might go swimming once or twice a year. Now, ponds on the other hand are great. You can go fishing any time you want, they look very nice, require very little maintenance, and you can go swimming in them if you don't mind sharing the water with the local wildlife. :p
    ARJ Defense ad

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I never really understood the appeal of a pool. I might go swimming once or twice a year. Now, ponds on the other hand are great. You can go fishing any time you want, they look very nice, require very little maintenance, and you can go swimming in them if you don't mind sharing the water with the local wildlife. :p

Those are great until you are sharing one with the water moccasins!

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    I have a fireplace and a pool

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Spent a lot of money putting a pool in when I was younger and now spent a lot of money to fill it in and get rid of it. After paying my 2019 tax bill and first payment of 2020 estimated tax I figure I will still be at a loss of money. The only good news is that I won't have to take required withdrawal from my IRA this year as it has dropped a lot.
    Perhaps I will buy one of those auto repair insurance plans that I get called about at least 5 times a day. Surely those must be honest people.

cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 9, 2017
    Mckinney TX
    Oh yeah I tried that.... cabin fever is setting in here.
    I hear you on the cabin fever. The wife has already bought 5 pairs of shoes this week! I asked her why, she's only walking down the hall to work!
    Then yesterday I was making the little one breakfast in the kitchen, the wife comes in and asked why we were in the break room.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    View attachment 207496

Everyone needs a fireplace... the kids need someplace for santa to come down the chimney & mama needs a place to hang stockings :what:

Atleast thats what i tell my customers.

LMAO!
    Growing up with one and having to do everything damn thing to keep it running: cleaning, wood cutting, hauling, splitting, stacking, etc made me never want to mess with one again.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    I wish I had a real fireplace instead of the stupid gas thing. Lived there three years and never even used it. It’s not real!!!

I would like a pool. Property isn’t shaped for it though. Unless the kid’s trampoline and swing set go away. And I’d have to move the shed. Not happening. Oh well, next house.

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    LMAO!
    Growing up with one and having to do everything damn thing to keep it running: cleaning, wood cutting, hauling, splitting, stacking, etc made me never want to mess with one again.

Now a days the "GAS DIRECT VENT" fireplaces are the way to go.
    Flip a wall switch & poof ... instant fire!!!!!!
    They are engineered with the gas valve, ignition, burner & logs. They are more heat efficient & energy efficient than a traditional natural draft wood burning type fireplace with gas assist.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Now a days the "GAS DIRECT VENT" fireplaces are the way to go.
    Flip a wall switch & poof ... instant fire!!!!!!
    They are engineered with the gas valve, ignition, burner & logs. They are more heat efficient & energy efficient than a traditional natural draft wood burning type fireplace with gas assist.
    AND.... they have battery back-up when you have no power and its icing outside:)

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I like pools and fireplaces.

I'd have a pool if I had a spare $55,000

I liked cutting wood and cleaning the fireplace. Nothing can touch the ambiance of a real fire. BUT, I'd take a wood burning stove over one anyday.

Wood stove is much more efficient than a fireplace.

If I'm going to put the effort out to cut and split wood, it would be for a wood stove. Or my smoker and grill!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Diablo4151
    Top Bottom