• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Mine hit my account yesterday. I read somewhere that they were going to be sent out starting with lowest incomes first. That’s either not the way they did it or they got through really fast.

I was also interested in how it would work with our taxes. Yes we file jointly but my wife doesn’t earn any income. I’m above the single rate but below the jointly, it ended up being the joint amount.

Can I consider this a return of the ridiculous amount of money taken from me over the last several years? Especially considering how the upcoming recession is gonna hurt bad for us.
    Target Sports

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    Unfortunately most high-end tattoo shops are closed

I’m finally going to get my sprinklers re-done and the rest is going to sit in the bank. My savings bounces between 1.49-2.20%

Obviously it’s at the low end right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Have you found a new home yet, or still looking?

TL;DR MAYBE

We've been in this one for almost 10 years. I know the owner is selling her holdings in the area due to this surcharge crap and she will have a decent amount of expenses in preparing it for sale in a way to compete with the small glut of homes other investors are selling in this area. That makes her unusually motivated and me dreading the process of moving makes me and the wife willing to negotiate. So if we can work a deal we will stay here.

Mortgage broker says our credit is outstanding, it should be as we have had 8 years digging out of the great recession hole, our income is adequate, the wife works her ass off since I'm disabled ...gotta love that, and I've managed to put together enough cash to cover down payments closing costs and moving if needed. Add to that mortgage rates are dropping nicely so we might make a decent outcome from the unexpected turd dropped in our lap.

Were keeping fingers crossed, knocking on wood, tossing salt, staying away from ladders mirrors and black cats.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    TL;DR MAYBE

We've been in this one for almost 10 years. I know the owner is selling her holdings in the area due to this surcharge crap and she will have a decent amount of expenses in preparing it for sale in a way to compete with the small glut of homes other investors are selling in this area. That makes her unusually motivated and me dreading the process of moving makes me and the wife willing to negotiate. So if we can work a deal we will stay here.

Mortgage broker says our credit is outstanding, it should be as we have had 8 years digging out of the great recession hole, our income is adequate, the wife works her ass off since I'm disabled ...gotta love that, and I've managed to put together enough cash to cover down payments closing costs and moving if needed. Add to that mortgage rates are dropping nicely so we might make a decent outcome from the unexpected turd dropped in our lap.

Were keeping fingers crossed, knocking on wood, tossing salt, staying away from ladders mirrors and black cats.

I wish you the greatest of luck that it works out in your favor.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I just called my gun dealer and ordered a 1911 in 38 Super.

Nice, what kind? Colt?

I ended up pre-ordering this kinda cool, kinda unique AR lower. I have a build in mind that it's perfect for.

TL;DR MAYBE

Everything happens for a reason. Who knows, that unexpected turd might be a blessing in surprise, or it might lead you to where you need to go. I hope everything works out for the best for you.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Nice, what kind? Colt?

I ended up pre-ordering this kinda cool, kinda unique AR lower. I have a build in mind that it's perfect for.

Everything happens for a reason. Who knows, that unexpected turd might be a blessing in surprise, or it might lead you to where you need to go. I hope everything works out for the best for you.

I'm going to go with the Rock Island Armory 1911. He's going to order it. It's on backorder, and may be a few weeks to a couple of months. But, it's only $465 NIB.

It will give me a chance to order my loading dies, and brass ahead of time.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Bought the rest of the lumber to finish the framing for the screened in back porch. Next week, depending on the weather, I'll get door, and the screening installed. Then the siding done.
    IMG_20200416_183710.jpg
    IMG_20200416_183710.jpg
    IMG_20200416_183605.jpg
    IMG_20200416_183539.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200416_183710.jpg
      IMG_20200416_183710.jpg
      703.7 KB · Views: 532
    • IMG_20200416_183605.jpg
      IMG_20200416_183605.jpg
      740.3 KB · Views: 533
    • IMG_20200416_183539.jpg
      IMG_20200416_183539.jpg
      732 KB · Views: 540

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    ...mailing out around 5 million checks per week..
    FIFY

... I read somewhere that they were going to be sent out starting with lowest incomes first....
    That is the methodology for paper checks.

The direct deposits are just run as a batch job. We shattered the record for number of deposits yesterday between the .gov stimulus and military/gov pay day deposits.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Stimulus Package

A tourist visiting the area drives through town, stops at the motel, and lays a $100 bill on the desk saying he wants to inspect the rooms upstairs to pick one for the night.

As soon as he walks upstairs, the motel owner grabs the bill and runs next door to pay his debt to the butcher.

The butcher takes the $100 and runs down the street to retire his debt to the pig farmer.

The pig farmer takes the $100 and heads off to pay his bill to his supplier, the Co-op.

The guy at the Co-op takes the $100 and runs to pay his debt to the local prostitute, who has also been facing hard times and has had to offer her "services" on credit.

The prostitute rushes to the hotel and pays off her room bill with the hotel owner.

The hotel proprietor then places the $100 back on the counter so the traveler will not suspect anything.

At that moment, the traveler comes down the stairs, states that the rooms are not satisfactory, picks up the $100 bill and leaves.

No one produced anything. No one earned anything... However, the whole town is now out of debt and now looks to the future with a lot more optimism.

And that is how a Stimulus package works.

oohrah

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Heart O' Texas
    My church made up sanitary bags to give to the homeless when we feed them this Sunday. I gave 80 $5 bills from my stimulus check to put one in each bag.

Not looking for thanks, just suggesting that there are creative ways to help people.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Diablo4151
    Top Bottom