• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bluzman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2015
    North Texas
    Remington Model 514 single shot bolt action with walnut stock and 24" barrel. It was given to me for my 14th birthday. It wreaked havoc on the cans, bottles and rats in the town dump. 61 years later, it still puts a smile on my face when I take it to the range.

lyXzhKAh.jpg

yT2hoYWh.jpg

nx05SJLh.jpg

Attachments

• lyXzhKAh.jpg
      lyXzhKAh.jpg
      48.9 KB · Views: 422
    • yT2hoYWh.jpg
      yT2hoYWh.jpg
      62.7 KB · Views: 396
    • nx05SJLh.jpg
      nx05SJLh.jpg
      76.2 KB · Views: 399

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Digging back a ways into memory.

I learned gun safety and marksmanship from my dad with a Winchester 1890 in 22WRF.

My younger brother ended up in possession of that one and I'm certain he'll never give it up for any price.

Family lore, details forgotten, was that an uncle shot off his middle finger loading it sometime early in the 20th century. A story, no doubt, that deepened my respect for the seriousness of firearm safety way back in about 4th or 5th grade!!

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    My first was one I made myself in 8th grade machine shop class. Single shot break open derringer type pistol. My father found it and took it away. It worked well but was only accurate at 3 feet or closer.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Springfield bolt action rifle (don't recall the model number). Funny thing about it was it was missing the ramp to set elevation on the rear sight. So it would get caught on stuff and tweaked. No matter how many times that happened, the fixed sights seemed to always be right on the money. It was an accurate little rifle.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    My first .22?

A Remington, single shot, able to shoot short, long and long rifles.

I've since forgotten the model number but it began with a 5....I think.

It was an extremely accurate rifle.

Every night for months I rubbed all the wood on it with oil til it gleamed.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    My dad was always a "If you like it, go out and get yer own.", kinda guy. I was never "gifted" any guns when I was a kid. I eventually scrounged the money for a stainless Ruger 10/22 Deluxe Sporter. Still got it.

Stick_Shift

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2019
    Lake Whitney
    Ruger 10/22. The gold standard.

I currently have a Remington 597 that I am very happy with. A lot of people don't care for them because they have a reputation for being low-quality and unreliable. That's partially true and deserved. Once you replace the factory trigger and extractor with either Volq or MCARBO parts, the rifle gets exponentially better. I mounted a Nikon rimfire scope on it and added a bipod.

Funny story, I bought one for my son, took it to the range. First box of ammo, the extractor and spring came out at the range. We never found it. Replaced it with the MCARBO kit, it's a sweet little plinker now.

Top Bottom