Lynx Defense

What WALMARTS still carry ammo on west side of Houston??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • accordingtoome

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    hello all i live inbetween the 610 and beltway 8 on the west side of houston. Does anyone know if the walmarts around here still carry ammo. i was at one yesterday and it did not.

Im in need of some .40 bad. i have a certain steyer i need to break in
    Hurley's Gold

LittleGun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2008
    Spring/Houston
    Each time I got to a Walmart, they have ammo - but not the kind I want. A Walmart clerk told me that the ammo leaves as fast as it comes it. Academy seems to have a better supply.

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    All the ones I go to still carry it. I am far west (Katy) area. The by Katy Milss mall carrie it. I also go to 2 on Fry Rd. north of I10 and one on FM526 and Hwy 6 and they all carry ammo. i have not tried any near my work (Galleria Area).

Gopher

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Far, far, far North Dallas
    The sporting goods manager at the Sherman Wal Mart told me that corporate dropped the ball when setting up their reorders from the manufactures. The other stores (Academy, Dicks, Gander Mountain etc) beat them to the punch and they are having a hard time finding any to sell. When supply catches up to demand all will be good again. It may be higher than before but they will have some.

BTW: He told me that the Sherman store was the number three seller of guns and ammo in the nation. That shocked me for some reason.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    The sporting goods manager at the Sherman Wal Mart told me that corporate dropped the ball when setting up their reorders from the manufactures. The other stores (Academy, Dicks, Gander Mountain etc) beat them to the punch and they are having a hard time finding any to sell. When supply catches up to demand all will be good again. It may be higher than before but they will have some.

BTW: He told me that the Sherman store was the number three seller of guns and ammo in the nation. That shocked me for some reason.

Well, if they're as bad about required documentation and NCIS checks selling firearms, it may be the Meth Lab proprietors coming in from the outskirts, just over the north border etc. keeping stocked up.

ETH77

ZAP Rules
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2008
    Houston
    Fellow Steyoid

Im in need of some .40 bad. i have a certain steyer i need to break in

In my M40-A1, I'm shooting 40 from Georgia Arms and American Eagle from Federal. Don't use any UMC, PMC, or Wolf in your Steyr - it tends to be picky about ammo.

Do you work on the West side too? I occasionally punch paper at Memorial Oaks at lunch.

tx_headcase

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    league city
    hi all, im in league city we have about 8 walmarts within about a 10 mile area,
    i have allways been able to find 9mm, 380, and 40cal at one of them. i just wate a few day and they have some of what i need at a good price. today i pick up 500-of 380 winchester95 Gr and 100-40 cal blazer brass180gr so walmart has it you just got to get it when they have it

cmartinez95

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    I've been buying from the on at 529 and Hwy 6. The last time I went (about 3 weeks ago) their shelves were more empty than full. I too was told that it's flying off the shelf as soon as it gets in...

accordingtoome

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    In my M40-A1, I'm shooting 40 from Georgia Arms and American Eagle from Federal. Don't use any UMC, PMC, or Wolf in your Steyr - it tends to be picky about ammo.

Do you work on the West side too? I occasionally punch paper at Memorial Oaks at lunch.

yes sir i work right next to the galleria mall. where is Memorial oaks?

wayneside

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    went to the walmart @ hwy 6 and richmond and they had some ammo...but limited quantity. you definitely need to go early in the day to check what they have in stock!

cmartinez95

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Hwy6@529 had about 10 to 15 boxes of .40 cal blazer brass. Not my first choice for self defense, but definitely good for practice. And for 12 bucks a box, not a bad deal. Grabbed a couple of boxes today. If there's any left on Friday I'll pick up 4 or 5 boxes. Matter of fact, since I'm taking Friday off I think the task of the day will be to go out and find a store with lot's of 9mm and 40.cal on the shelf. :D Wish me luck!

accordingtoome

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Hwy6@529 had about 10 to 15 boxes of .40 cal blazer brass. Not my first choice for self defense, but definitely good for practice. And for 12 bucks a box, not a bad deal. Grabbed a couple of boxes today. If there's any left on Friday I'll pick up 4 or 5 boxes. Matter of fact, since I'm taking Friday off I think the task of the day will be to go out and find a store with lot's of 9mm and 40.cal on the shelf. :D Wish me luck!

good luck bro.. may the force.. ya you get the point. i try to hit the local walmart all the time.. usually there is nada.

wayneside

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    Picked up 40 and 9mm this morning...called all the walmarts local to me @ 7am and went to the closest one.

They had 2 boxes of 9mm and 3 boxes of 40. The guy ahead of me picked up all the 45 and 8 boxes of 40. I called another walmart to check stock and forgot to pick up the 10 boxes of 223 they had just put on the shelf as i was walking away...grrrr. When I remembered...did a u-turn and it was already gone...within 15 minutes.

Top Bottom