Lynx Defense

What was the first gun you ever sold or traded?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    I sold a Glock 19 last year. During the shortage, I placed orders for two at two different places, figuring I could just cancel one when one was filled. Weeks later, both orders were met and shipped over the same weekend. I figured I'd just sell one at cost instead of pay return shipping, restocking, etc.
    Hurley's Gold

GPtwins

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Sachse, Tx
    Colt 380. The only thing I remember about it now is that it was designated "Government Model". Whatever that means.

redfred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    La Porte
    I sold a M1 Carbine a couple of years ago. I had owned it for over 30 years and hadn't shot it in at least 25. I had a chance to go deer hunting where I knew the distances would be further than I could trust myself with my trusty .30-30 with open sights, so I decided to see the carbine. I got enough money for it to buy 3 rifles - a German 8mm Mauser, a Mosin #44, and .303 British Enfield, a Winchester pump shotgun, a new Ruger .22 pistol, and a CZ-52. I hated seeing the Carbine go, but I got a heck of a lot of usable guns for it.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I traded my first AR (a ban compliant Bushmaster) for a Sig 239 plus a little cash. I don't miss it one bit since I have couple other ARs now that are nicer than that one was. I havent sold or traded a gun since, lol...

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Beretta 92 FS with night sights. Sold it for the price I was asking for.

First gun I ever bought myself. Not a bad gun, I just rarely shot it.

It aches, occassionally, but I'm waiting on the right time to get something else. We'll see what I get.

TheTomcat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    I sold a SS Ruger Security Six. I used the money to but a Colt Combat Commander.

Seriously?? My first sale was a Ruger SS Security Six 4" my dad gave me. He bought it at Montgomery Wards in the early 80's. I used the money to buy a Springfield 1911 which I don't have anymore either. Both were DUMB sales. I look all the time for another Security Six just like the one I had.

Rabies

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    Texas
    Like new because it nearly was New England Firearms crack barrel 12ga for a used Mossberg bolt action 12ga. That New England was the first gun I ever bought. I feel good. Still have the Mossberg. Later traded a Davis .380 and $20 for a Rossi .38. Feel good about that one too. Not that the Rossi is some bang-up super gun but, it beats the Davis.

Outbreak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Abilene, TX
    Yugo SKS. I got it as part of an ammo deal back when I lived in San Antonio. The guy was getting rid of everything 7.62X39- about 1200rds, reloading dies, and this SKS- for about $400. It had all the naughty bits removed, and I had one with all the naughty parts intact. It was also painted OD green on all the metal, icluding the bolt carrier. I took it to the range once, and all that paint started gumming up the action. Took it to a gun show in Austin and sold it for $125 to a dealer who thought it looked "interesting." Turned around and bought a Mosin M38.

Harley Rider 55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    I kick myself for this one -- sold my Ruger GP100 and used the money to get a Kahr CW9. I ended up selling the CW9, because I hated shooting it.

The ONLY silver lining is that I made about $25 profit on the GP100, from when I bought it new. Small consolation, as I almost immediately missed having a wheel gun.
    I sold my GP100 to put toward my first AR.

JohnnyReb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    DFW area
    I traded my Smith & Wesson Sigma .40 in towards my Taurus PT1911. I hated the trigger pull of that Sigma more than anything else. After trying out several other guns at the range from friendly neighbors, the decision seemed like a no-brainer.

Top Bottom