• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jim t

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Hawley Texas
    my first and my favorite or one and the same. it was a government issue
    (1942 singer made). I got it from a guy I was working for at the time. his house burned down and the gun was under the mattress, with a loaded mag in the well.
    you can just guess what it looked like. it took me 8 months to turn it back into a shooter. and then only because I had a boss who was an expert on 1911s. He gave me all the parts to fix it and he helped me put it back together.
    man the boss was the only way I could have done it. this was back in 1974 and I was just making 2.50 an hour. It cost me 7.00 bucks to rebuild it. I had to buy a set of grips and a mag.
    It shot like a dream. I loved that gun. but had to sell it many years ago.
    Target Sports

texaspartsman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    Seguin
    My first was a early model series 70. Ate everything it was fed and never complained. I never hit what I was aiming at either. After shooting a browning High Power I quickly sold it. My favorite is a Sig GSR. Very accurate and reliable

Moe Howard

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    The first 1911 I owned was an RIA that was great straight out of the box. My favorite was a Kimber custom II but my current customized Springfield Mil-Spec is very quickly making its way to the top of my all time favorite list.

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    My first 1911 was a Randall(Lemay)A311.Its a good gun and sits in the safe now because they did not make many and I do not want to break it.

Peter M. Eick

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Houston
    Les Baer PII 45 acp. First 45 also for me. I still have the gun and it is nearly my favorite. My 10mm Heavyweight Monolith is the favorite.

The problem with starting with a Baer it tends to spoil you toward other makes.

Top Bottom