• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cowboy45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    mexia texas
    Iver Johnson Champion single shot .410. Still have and shoot it now and then. Still has some of the case coloring on the reciever. My brother got the winchester 41 bolt, very rare gun. Both were owned by my grandfather. The other guns he owned vanished when we went to look for them.OH Well, happy to have those.:patriot:

res1b3uq

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    First gun

Stevens single-shot .410. Barrel split on it. Last time I saw it it was hanging in an old barn. Second was a Winchester 62-A. Son has it. Can't get him to give it back.

Stangfan93

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Houston/Pasadena
    Smith and Wesson Sigma SW40VE

I got it at the recomendation of a guy from work. He talk me Smith and Wesson Tactical, I googled it. Up came a link to impactguns showing Sigma Tactical. I showed him the website and asked him if that was they gun he was talking about he said yes. So I went and bought it. Showed it to him again and he said wrong gun. Needless to say I was upset but still happy. After about 3k rounds it has shot with not FTF/FTE. Ate everything I fed it. Trigger sucks, but atleast I can keep the bullets within the body of a target.

Yes, I still have it. In my mind I have sold it several times. But, I just can't seem to part with it.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    An Ithaca Model 37 in 20 gauge. It was older than me, and I don't have it anymore. I traded that old, loose, wore-out shotgun for a nice Plainfield M1 Carbine. :D

malladus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Houston-Dallas
    First I owned was actually two, a .38 special 2 shot derringer with 100 shot shells and a .32 ACP walther PP clone of some sort that were given to me by a friend when I left for my freshman year in college many a moon ago. One was for snakes and the other for coyotes.

First gun I ever bought was a Smith and Wesson model 686 that I got from a good ole fashion country store in New Mexico while I was in college. Since I was living in the dorms in the dorms a longgun was out until I moved off campus for the summer that year.

After that its been a blur.

malladus

A_FIVE-O

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    Houston-Laredo
    Mine was an old Rossi .22 Short Revolver that looked like a starter pistol. I traded a 12 pack of Bud Light for it. I lost that darn thing in the back woods of Conroe some time ago in 1996.

Rocket_Cowboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Plano, TX
    My first firearm was a Glock 34 - extended barrel, ported, 9mm. I bought it and used it for my first CHL qualification. It's a bit much to carry concealed though. Still have that gun, and have added a few other Glocks to the collection.

dmahoney22

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    First Gun

Thus the reason I wanted to post. I just put money down on the s/w MP 9mm compact. I will pick it up Wed. My question is what's the difference from full size? Are there advantages with the smaller compact or does it matter...Just wondering because I like the feel of the full. But compact may be easier to carry. Thanks!

smschulz

Paid for CUT
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    First Shotgun ~ 1973 ~ Rem 870 Wingmaster - still have.
    First Handgun ~ 1990 ~ Beretta FS92 - still have.
    First Rifle ~ 1995 ~ Norinco SKS ~ still have.

Your first love(s) are always the best ~ right?

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Ruger-Mk-I-web.jpg

Traded it for a Single Six in 1961.....which I still have.

crs2fer4

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Grapevine, TX
    Thus the reason I wanted to post. I just put money down on the s/w MP 9mm compact. I will pick it up Wed. My question is what's the difference from full size? Are there advantages with the smaller compact or does it matter...Just wondering because I like the feel of the full. But compact may be easier to carry. Thanks!
    In my experience the difference is accuracy. Smaller is for carry, but you will get proficient with it. Just buy lots of plinkers

Top Bottom