• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    A vehicle parked in your drive way with gun stickers is an invitation for a burglary in search of guns.

If I was a criminal, I would refrain from hitting a house that advertises any from of defense, especially firearms. Criminals seek easy targets. I doubt your statement is true and is used by anti-gunners to attempt to instill doubt in gun owners.

-PAK-

CrazedJava

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    In general it is a bad idea to advertise you have anything expensive in your house. That's why the blinds to my home office with all the expensive computers and other electronics stay perpetually closed.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    If I was a criminal, I would refrain from hitting a house that advertises any from of defense, especially firearms. Criminals seek easy targets. I doubt your statement is true and is used by anti-gunners to attempt to instill doubt in gun owners.

-PAK-
    False sense of security, big time. Coworker's vehicle was just broken into, specifically FOR his pistol.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Horribly off-topic here, but the "older man" in Ben's story is actually younger than me - just 20 years old. Not 30, not 40 - 20. Did you miss that part, or are you just that set in your beliefs that the exact age gap doesn't matter to you?

Doesn't matter to me how old he is if my daughter is in high school. It's also illegal.

I'm a nice guy but I will dig a hole and put someone in it if they mess with my daughters.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Doesn't matter to me how old he is if my daughter is in high school. It's also illegal.
    No, it's not illegal. She's 17, so the sex is legal. As for the moving out of the house, that's also legal even though a 17-year-old is putting themselves at a big disadvantage. There are some things they simply can't do until they're 18, like sign a lease for an apartment. That's why it's rare for 17-year-olds to walk away from home; they simply have no place to go. This girl didn't have those impediments.

That's the layman's version. Allow me to quote an opinion from our Attorney General that applies to this case:

While a child under 17 who is voluntarily absent from home without the consent of his or her parent or guardian "for a substantial length of time or without intent to return" may be taken into custody by a law enforcement officer pursuant to Family Code provisions, a seventeen-year-old who engages in the same conduct may not be.

A child, including an unemancipated seventeen-year-old, who voluntarily leaves the care and control of his or her legal custodian without the custodian's consent and without intent to return is not a "missing child" under Code of Criminal Procedure chapter 63 if the custodian knows where the child is located. If the custodian determines the child's location after filing a missing child report and notifies the investigating law enforcement agency, the agency has no duty to continue the investigation or to take possession of the child and return him or her to the custodian.
    Full text is here: https://www.oag.state.tx.us/opinions/opinions/50abbott/op/2003/htm/ga0125.htm
    I'm a nice guy but I will dig a hole and put someone in it if they mess with my daughters.
    Look, I feel for you. I can remember my dad sitting on the roof of our house with a shotgun after my sister caught some boys peeping in her bedroom window in the middle of the night. She was 14 at the time.

But the simple fact is that if your daughter is 17 and she doesn't mind, she can be "messed with" legally. She can walk right out of your house or have sex with anyone she wants. Putting someone in a hole for engaging in legal activity with your daughter is not really something you want to be promising to do on a public forum.

Last edited:

Whisky

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    and.....James Joyce didn't write "Trees", Joyce Kilmer wrote "Trees".....

Top Bottom