• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Amazon WEB services just kicked Parlor off their platform. Parlor is scheduled to go dark - soon. I don't use Parlor but that's not the point. The muzzle being implemented by big tec is the point. If you support these MF's it's on you!

I had a Amazon Prime account - canceled as of this morning
    I have a 25k Amazon credit Card - Monday I will make get a different financial institution to issue a card with same limit and cancel the Amazon card.

I will no longer make purchases of any kind though Amazon - NONE!

If you take no action you in fact have taken an action. If you do business with the MF's you are in NO position to complain about what they do. You support them!
    ARJ Defense ad

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Any way to let them know why you are canceling them?
    When I canceled my Prime account they did not ask "why". They also did not refund any unused services or features. My account is still valid until 8/21 because of that but to me - that doesn't matter. Amazon is no longer an option for me on any front.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I agree with you. I also made the decision to look for work closer to my property. Away from dfw/Dallas. I will be giving up a new offer. Giving up more money. After spending a few days away, working on my land and visiting my good bud Eze, I’m done with this stupid blue shit hole. All anyone can hire up here is liberal zombies and ex cons.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Amazon WEB services just kicked Parlor off their platform. Parlor is scheduled to go dark - soon. I don't use Parlor but that's not the point. The muzzle being implemented by big tec is the point. If you support these MF's it's on you!

I had a Amazon Prime account - canceled as of this morning
    I have a 25k Amazon credit Card - Monday I will make get a different financial institution to issue a card with same limit and cancel the Amazon card.

I will no longer make purchases of any kind though Amazon - NONE!

If you take no action you in fact have taken an action. If you do business with the MF's you are in NO position to complain about what they do. You support them!

I don't have Amazon Prime, or an Amazon credit card, and haven't shopped there in some years now.

Kind of hard to boycott a business when you haven't done business with them in years.

mountainbull

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2020
    montana
    I'm in a fairly rural area in Montana, but only a hour to a large town, so we shop local all the time.
    If everyone canceled there social media accounts it would only take a month or so to end there strangle hold on the US consumer.
    Shop local, my ace hardware can order anything I need and the grocery store will do the same.
    Take control of your life

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    What needs to happen is conservatives need to drop off the face of the electronic earth. Some cold hard facts we can’t change right now. Such as Liberals dominating the net and our crucifixion to the communist is underway.

Really the best thing for us is to get off social media and lock down the forum. Invite only.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    And your point is????

You are one person, and I'm one person. Even if everyone on this forum that uses Amazon, drops them, it's really not going to make that big a difference. Amazon is multi-billion dollar company that does business all over the world.

When I decide to boycott a business, I do it for personal reasons, and know that in reality, it really doesn't make any huge changes, or difference. It does make me feel better.

But if you are expecting huge changes to Amazon because of what you think and your actions, you are sadly mistaken.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    He’s right. Plus amazon is and has been for a while eyeballing being our mail carrier if our post office goes bye bye. They are also the main investor to much electric vehicle development.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    He’s right. Plus amazon is and has been for a while eyeballing being our mail carrier if our post office goes bye bye. They are also the main investor to much electric vehicle development.
    That company, and those like it, should be broken up. That action has been recommended in the past for google - to no avail.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    That company, and those like it, should be broken up. That action has been recommended in the past for google - to no avail.

Please explain why they should be broken up?

Have they committed some anti-trust laws or similar?

Do they own a monopoly of the business market for the services they provide?

If not, it ain't happening.

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    I was always confused why so many conservative bloggers would encourage their readers to buy from Amazon. Was the money that good?

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    Actually the post office is delivering for the big three. At least rurally. They deliver UPS, Amazon, and Fed Ex. At least that is wgat a rural carrier told me before Christmas.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015

Actually, I think Amazon and Google are under investigation for related reasons. Amazon has certainly been implementing predatory practices.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Actually the post office is delivering for the big three. At least rurally. They deliver UPS, Amazon, and Fed Ex. At least that is wgat a rural carrier told me before Christmas.
    They do a lot of the last mile delivery for Amazon and FedEx. Not sure about UPS.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    They do a lot of the last mile delivery for Amazon and FedEx. Not sure about UPS.
    Yes, UPS as well as needed.

Dude! Sometimes you make my head hurt! :banghead:

Top Bottom