Join TexasGunTalk

What you need if you like building ar15's

Discussion in 'AR15 Articles' started by Landrover, Apr 29, 2018.

1. grasshopperglock

grasshopperglock Vroom

Jan 5, 2012
    HH

Cut the loop off a Glock bore brush rod. Chuck in a cordless drill, smear Fritz on the brush, and run it in and out the chamber like you were honing it. Also works good polishing reloading die bores. It'll get it mirror. If a person doesn't have Fritz. Aluminum mag wheel polish, Meguiar's polishing compound etc. Rinse the polish out the chamber/bore with some mineral spirits. Works like a charm.

2. Landrover

Landrover Member

Jun 23, 2017
    New York
    Just wanted to make sure everyone here knows this is my info. I am a professional when it comes to putting Ar's together. Everything in this article is from my knowledge.

3. easy rider

easy rider Allotropic Transformer TGT Supporter

Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    There are a ton of videos on Youtube. Mostly if you are somewhat mechanically inclined and have a few tools you shouldn't have a problem. You can get specs from the manufacturer.

4. Landrover

Landrover Member

Jun 23, 2017
    New York
    I was just told I had to tell everyone where I got my info because of plagiarizing issues. I'm trying to be on the up and up.

5. Recon2018

Recon2018 New Member

Jan 9, 2018
    Austin, TX
    Curious; does anyone here know how precision shooters "match" bolt to barrel for extreme accuracy/precision? Is it literally, grab a few bolts and hope one is the perfect spec?

6. easy rider

easy rider Allotropic Transformer TGT Supporter

Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Depends on what you want and how much you want to spend. I have used Ground Zero Precision's "Dead Bolt", one of the sponsors of TGT, and had very good results. My best advice is to research what you are looking for. If you search well enough you can often find good prices.

toddnjoyce likes this.
  7. robertc1024

robertc1024 Just the facts Ma'am. TGT Supporter

Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    On my only "precision AR" Precision Firearms reamed the barrel to headspace to the Grendel bolt I got as a package.

8. MarkB462

MarkB462 New Member

Oct 26, 2018
    Austin
    Good info. I've wanted to build one for quite a while now and I'm trying to gather as much information as possible. Trying to find reliable and correct info is the hard part.

Thank you

easy rider likes this.