• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pops1955

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Finished building this Saturday. My first build. Milled and drilled out an 80% Lower. Put my $ into the NB bolt, JMT Saber 3.5 single stage trigger with anti-rotation pins, Chrome Moly barrel (1 in 8), 51T ACC flash hider (for my suppressor) Not done. Still thinking on the optics. I have a 4X Strike Eagle but might opt for a reflex. Got the trigger and bolt CG on a great sale. ANYWAY I am happy for my first Ghost Gun. Doing 9mm AR pistol next.
    KE Ghost Gun 1 - a (2).jpg
    KE Ghost Gun 1  -  b .jpg
    Gun Zone Deals

Attachments

• KE Ghost Gun 1 - a (2).jpg
      KE Ghost Gun 1 - a (2).jpg
      111.5 KB · Views: 507
    • KE Ghost Gun 1  -  b .jpg
      KE Ghost Gun 1 - b .jpg
      106.5 KB · Views: 412

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I'm not sure how I feel about this. I don't want to see those damnable .06 and .07 signs..

True story, just happened tonight. Wife wanted dinner outside with live music, so we went to a place here that had that. Posted 30.06, no 30.07 and NOT 51%, So I just hung my shirttail so I was now OC legal.

Got seated and served. Manager came by at one point and let me know I was in violation of 30.06 and I could leave or he’d call the cops.

I told him I’d love to pay the bill, but would like to see where his business is posted, so he took me to the door and pointed to the 30.06 sign and pointed out I wasn’t violating 30.06 and asked him to read the signage.

He agreed I wasn’t violating and offered to box our food and he’d comp the meal, but I wouldn’t be allowed to stay.

Had him box up both meals and asked when he’d put up the correct signage. He just looked at me and said I should be glad he didn’t call the police.

Oh well. Won’t be going to Lion & Rose again.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    True story, just happened tonight. Wife wanted dinner outside with live music, so we went to a place here that had that. Posted 30.06, no 30.07 and NOT 51%, So I just hung my shirttail so I was now OC legal.

Got seated and served. Manager came by at one point and let me know I was in violation of 30.06 and I could leave or he’d call the cops.

I told him I’d love to pay the bill, but would like to see where his business is posted, so he took me to the door and pointed to the 30.06 sign and pointed out I wasn’t violating 30.06 and asked him to read the signage.

He agreed I wasn’t violating and offered to box our food and he’d comp the meal, but I wouldn’t be allowed to stay.

Had him box up both meals and asked when he’d put up the correct signage. He just looked at me and said I should be glad he didn’t call the police.

And now, neither will I, ever. Thanks

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas

Call the cops LOL...go ahead.
    He asked you to leave and you complied.

What did he think the cops would do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Whataburgers are hit or miss these days.
    The WB nearest me sucks. The place is filthy and the food blows. I refuse to eat there. We have a mom&pop place that kcks their arse. Problem is the mom&pop is only open during lunchtime.

The WB in the next town over is pretty good. Much better food.

Moonpie,

WB these days is a DISAPPOINTMENT to me, given that I was one of their first customers for the classic DOUBLE-DOUBLE with sliced hot peppers, as a shirttail kid "back when dinosaurs roamed the Earth" in Galveston.
    (At one time WB sold only burgers with/without cheese, potato chips/Fritos & bottled drinks out on the island.)

Note: My 1st cousin once ordered a 4X4 WB with cheese (made with a POUND of HB) & couldn't get his mouth around it. = Given his "big mouth", I thought that that was FUNNY.

yours, satx

birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    Tomorrow! Been a couple weeks.

Its 5 minutes from me.

Thanks for the invite, that gauc, pepper jack, bacon burger absolutely rocked. And the best damn onion rings on the planet for sure.

Appreciate the hookup on the burger joint brother!

gshayd

Ugliest house on the block.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    I'm not sure how I feel about this. I don't want to see those damnable .06 and .07 signs. One of the problems in Texas is law enforcement involvement. The legally armed are a free target of LE who just plain *uck with people because they can. Police are much more authoritarian and arbitrary today then years past. The signs can make what should be a "no big deal" situation into a Police action. Often escalated by the attitudes of both the LEO and a big headed burger flipper assistant manager.
    He can inform you orally and ask you to leave. If you leave as requested no harm no foul unless the police are not familiar with the law. They don't have a sign posted so you didn't disobey anything.

roadkill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    You could print the IN part on the magwell, and the AND OUT on the foregrip with an arrow. Or Sonic the Hedgehog engraved on a receiver
    An entire AR line based on hamburgers. Tag line "Get a Sonic AR and grind your own beef."

Gonna need a retro AR done up Wendy’s fashion with a huge “where’s the beef?” On the hand guard

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Was up at the folks house in SA a couple of days ago.
    There is an In-&-Out nearby.
    So I stopped in and tried it. It was pretty good.
    Burgers are small so I ordered a 3x3. LoL.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Call the cops LOL...go ahead.
    He asked you to leave and you complied.

What did he think the cops would do?

Ignorance isn’t an excuse goes both ways. Once I was asked to leave, staying could have exposed me to a general trespass warning or violation, so I wasn’t really interested in that.

The strange part is you don’t usually see a 30.06 sign without a 30.07. The 30.06 was posted prominently, at eye level, walking thru the door. Can’t miss it as there’s 2 signs, one English, one Spanish, so I looked around for the 30.07.

Next door to this location is a Torchy’s that has a 30.07 at one entrance, but not the other.

Pops1955

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    NO; I am just a big Whataburger fan and was surprised that
    1. they did not ask permission and
    2. that WB got so pissed.

Wish that was my gun though.

gun-400x267.jpg

Attachments

• gun-400x267.jpg
      gun-400x267.jpg
      19.5 KB · Views: 227

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond

From the article:

It also appears that the burger company has forced HTX to scrub its logo from their social media. Today HTX removed all images and videos of the firearm from their Facebook page.

As we all know, you can definitely make the internet forget something. ;)

Top Bottom