• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Witsend

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2019
    Austin
    I heard on Wednesday that there was some buzz about Whataburger getting sold. I guess it was true. Academy suffered the same fate a few years back. It's always crappy to hear another Texas brand is being sold off. But I cant blame the family members, im sure if I could sell it off, not have the headache & make some money I'd probably do the same.
    Academy sold? I thought they just fell apart trying to compete with Bass Pro Shop. They aren't even trying anymore.

GoPappy

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 18, 2015
    All fast food burgers suck. But Whataburger's are the least sucky. Wendy's and McD's burgers are the suckiest, IMO.

Witsend

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2019
    Austin
    Competing with Bass Pro shouldn't be hard. When Bass Pro throws a big sale on something, their sale prices are only a little higher than everyone else's normal price.
    You know more than I know then. Parking lots suggest you may know more than most. Trickery is afoot!

Noggin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2016
    I guess it will not be long before we see the 30:06 signs at Whataburger. My wife still likes stuff from them but I find when I go there too often they mess up the orders and the service is slow, many times I see people who arrive and place orders after me getting served before I do. It is not uncommon to find out that I discover the bags that have been sitting around at the back waiting to be completed contain my order resulting in cold food being handed over. Sorry but I am not impressed with WB and if it were not for my wife I would long ago have abandoned them.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    I guess it will not be long before we see the 30:06 signs at Whataburger. My wife still likes stuff from them but I find when I go there too often they mess up the orders and the service is slow, many times I see people who arrive and place orders after me getting served before I do. It is not uncommon to find out that I discover the bags that have been sitting around at the back waiting to be completed contain my order resulting in cold food being handed over. Sorry but I am not impressed with WB and if it were not for my wife I would long ago have abandoned them.

Well stop ordering the Lobster Bisque ya doof.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Lots of excellent burgers there in the UK? :lol:

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Academy sold? I thought they just fell apart trying to compete with Bass Pro Shop. They aren't even trying anymore.

In the Houston are it seemed there was a Gander Mtn across the freeway from an Academy. Anytime I'd drive by the Academy parking lot was always full...we know how it turned out for Gander. Bass Pro is 20% or higher on a lot of the fishing stuff I get from Academy.

Top Bottom