• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Looks like Randman had a good idea so I thought I'd give it a try.

Next week I'll have 2-3 evenings to kill in the N. Fort Hood area. What's to do in the Gatesville area? Last time there, I found one small gun shop and an antique/junk store where the guy was a jerk. He had some great looking old tools but I wouldn't buy crap from him.

Also needed are good places for lunch and dinner, but one night will be taken at Prima Pasta. One of my favorites for fettuccini!

Thanks
    Venture Surplus ad

Texastransplant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Purmela, Texas
    Also try Ranchers Steakhouse it's just as you go under the 36 overpass east of Gatesville. Also Hicksville gun range is east of town 5 miles or so, you can look it up online. I haven't been there I shoot at home here, but it has I think a pistol 100 yard and 650 yard range. Don't know if your are military or not but you can drive on West Range road on Fort hood, you don't need the pass until you get about 12 miles in. Couple cool Iraqi type villeages there they use to train troops. Junction is a good place to eat too it's you just get on 36 north near Ranchers Steakhouse and its 2 miles up the road also next to it is a Army Surplus store with large surplus items. Guns Unlimited has some good prices on firearms some of them cheaper then Budsgunshop online. Hope this helps a bit. And you will fill up at Prima Pasta I have never been able to eat an entire meal there they give you so much. Oh one other place is The Feed Mill, it's one block north of the courthouse on a side street, good BBQ and resonable.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Davetex: I know where Andy's is but I've never tried it, thanks. +1 on supporting the troops.

Texastransplant: I am non-military, does that mean I can't swing by the villages to look and maybe snap a picture? I work with a lady originally from the area and she said hit Ranchers too. I've been at least twice, don't think I'll go for three but otherwise, you gave me some good stuff to look into, thanks. I hear ya ... I once had to give Prima Pasta a tip equal to their portion size to carry me across the parking lot and hurl me onto my hotel bed. But the food is gooood!

I do this trip once or twice a year so anything I don't use next week can be used in the future. Thank y'all.

Top Bottom