• ...and so much more!
  • deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Grilling some chicken breasts tonight, then planning to dice it up and put a sweet chili sauce on the meat. Serving with basmati rice and steamed broccoli. Lady I am dating is bringing her daughter, and my daughter will join us.
    ARJ Defense ad

cygunner

Devil's Den - Gettysburg
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Cypress, TX
    1619297529525.jpeg

BW and I eating well tonight. Top to bottom Italian Sausage, Sirloin and St. Louis Ribs. Save sirloin and grill it lightly tomorrow.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Just finished peeling the top fat from tomorrow’s whole pork butt and gave it the rub to soak in.

I was watching a show that they peeled the fat completely off to get more smoke in the butt. I figured I’d give it a try!

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Neighbor came back from Rockport today. Gave us some filets. I chopped up some garlic. Gf cooked dinner. I even got fancy and had some wine with dinner
    hGKQYxz.jpg

1m4yWGi.jpg

WFfMB4v.jpg

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    The wife and I decided a few days ago, that since she was going to be off Sunday, we were going to thaw out some fresh catfish we caught and cleaned last summer out and fry them up. We made homemade hushpuppies, fries, cole slaw, crab cakes and fried shrimp to go with the catfish. It was pretty damn good.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    The wife and I decided a few days ago, that since she was going to be off Sunday, we were going to thaw out some fresh catfish we caught and cleaned last summer out and fry them up. We made homemade hushpuppies, fries, cole slaw, crab cakes and fried shrimp to go with the catfish. It was pretty damn good.
    Where did you buy the crabmeat, and did you feel violated after it's purchase?

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Every time I see that plate it reminds me of the one I ate off of until it cracked. What's up with the wife not eating venison?
    Shes breastfeeding so no garlic or onion or else she would be fine with elk, fallow or axis. Thats what I season venison and beef with. She doesnt really like whitetail unless its a protein fed one.

Shes part Mediterranean so she loves seafood. Its a win win because I wont eat that stuff and its relatively cheap at our local food store

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    She picked up the crab meat at Brookshire's or Kroger's on Saturday. She wasn't hollaring too loud when she got home, so I'm sure how much violation took place!
    When I started out in the meat department we did seafood too. I remember getting fresh blue crabmeat from Caribe crabmeat. I love crabmeat and setting up the seafood case had to check out the freshness of what I was putting out. To check out the crabmeat I had to open up the container. Crabmeat goes bad pretty quick especially if its not kept near freezing.

On many a morning I would pinch crabmeat to check freshness. Jumbo lump and fingers were where I pinched from. A really bad morning and you were hungover and pop a top on some crabmeat that was bad!

It’s surprising that after all of those years dealing with seafood I will still eat it. Seafood is an easy place to get screwed on.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    When I started out in the meat department we did seafood too. I remember getting fresh blue crabmeat from Caribe crabmeat. I love crabmeat and setting up the seafood case had to check out the freshness of what I was putting out. To check out the crabmeat I had to open up the container. Crabmeat goes bad pretty quick especially if its not kept near freezing.

On many a morning I would pinch crabmeat to check freshness. Jumbo lump and fingers were where I pinched from. A really bad morning and you were hungover and pop a top on some crabmeat that was bad!

It’s surprising that after all of those years dealing with seafood I will still eat it. Seafood is an easy place to get screwed on.

One thing I have noticed over the years, the further away you get from the coast, the higher the price of seafood.

Ex-wife #2 and I would go to Houston to visit the inlaws, and she and I would make a trip down to Kemah and we' buy fresh seafood straight off the boats. We would fill up four large coolers with shrimp, oysters, redfish, snapper, octopus and some others and bring it back to Palestine to put up in our freezers.

If you have the means to transport it, and keep once you get home, buying it like that straight off the boats is a cheap way to buy seafood.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    BLAZING HOT/SPICY Chicken Curry from WEN WAH, our neighborhood "hole in the wall" Chinese place.
    (Everything but their steamed rice & soup is cooked "from scratch" when it is ordered.)
    IF you are SMART, you call-in your order. = It's that busy.

Until the dining room was closed for the virus SCARE, WEN WAH was known to local folks in San Antonio as, "The 'NO Atmosphere' Chinese place with GREAT FOOD".

yours, satx

Top Bottom