• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Left over stuffed poblanos. I did make some rice to go with. Got to clean up on left over for the next big shopping trip.

I love stuffed poblanos. I stuff mine with chorizo, or spicy sausage mixed with cream cheese, and wrapped with bacon. Cook them either under the broiler in the oven, or on the grill outside.

They make a great appetizer, or part of a full meal.
    Capitol Armory ad

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I did an Eye of Round earlier today, for 2 hours internal temp 125 ish.
    96A5BB34-6E28-4859-B54C-28DFA68D99C8.jpeg
    CB840106-DCA3-4C4E-8DFA-AB15E64514F5.jpeg
    447D7E7A-E64A-40CA-A99C-BB2F723B499A.jpeg

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Just got finished grilling some New York strip steaks, some sausages and burgers. Baked potatoes will be coming out of the oven in about thirty minutes or so..

We use to use Eckridge sausage, but have gone to some smaller company brands out of Texas for the last several years. Usually we buy a brand called SingleTree from a small local grocer, but the wife found some made by a company called Burton, and I'm really liking the flavor of their sausage. The SingleTree brand was pretty good, but I'm liking the Burton brand better. And IMO, both are much better than the Eckridge brand by a long shot.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Just got finished grilling some New York strip steaks, some sausages and burgers. Baked potatoes will be coming out of the oven in about thirty minutes or so..

We use to use Eckridge sausage, but have gone to some smaller company brands out of Texas for the last several years. Usually we buy a brand called SingleTree from a small local grocer, but the wife found some made by a company called Burton, and I'm really liking the flavor of their sausage. The SingleTree brand was pretty good, but I'm liking the Burton brand better. And IMO, both are much better than the Eckridge brand by a long shot.
    Try Holmes Pecan smoked. I thought burton's was a bit greasy.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I'll keep an eye for that brand. I actually really do like the Burton's brand. It is a bit greasy, but the flavor is excellent to me.
    When I started out as an apprentice we got Holmes bulk from them direct. Somewhere along the line they were bought out by Blue Ribbon. Burton’s is owned by Blue Ribbon also. Brookshire Brother’s have Holmes sausage. In order of my likes of Holmes, beef, pork & venison, andouille, pork & beef. Their hot @ jalapeño are to spicy for me. The had a garlic, but I have not seen it in years!

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    When I started out as an apprentice we got Holmes bulk from them direct. Somewhere along the line they were bought out by Blue Ribbon. Burton’s is owned by Blue Ribbon also. Brookshire Brother’s have Holmes sausage. In order of my likes of Holmes, beef, pork & venison, andouille, pork & beef. Their hot @ jalapeño are to spicy for me. The had a garlic, but I have not seen it in years!

The wife said she has seen the Holmes brand somewhere, so maybe we can give it a try. Thanks again Baboon for the suggestion.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    The wife said she has seen the Holmes brand somewhere, so maybe we can give it a try. Thanks again Baboon for the suggestion.
    IIRC Holmes is like .20 a pound more. I use the andouille for a simple.
    The best store bought sausage I have found is "EDDY'S". It's made in Yoakum.
    When I first started working the renfest all of the smoked turkey legs came from Eddy Packing.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    The best store bought sausage I have found is "EDDY'S". It's made in Yoakum.

I have tried the EDDY's brand sausage, and it is pretty danged good too. I mighty have to look around and see if anyone locally carries it.
    IIRC Holmes is like .20 a pound more. I use the andouille for a simple.

When I first started working the renfest all of the smoked turkey legs came from Eddy Packing.

I love smoked turkey legs and use to do them quite a bit. Haven't done any in quite a while. I need to rectify that problem!

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I have tried the EDDY's brand sausage, and it is pretty danged good too. I mighty have to look around and see if anyone locally carries it.

I love smoked turkey legs and use to do them quite a bit. Haven't done any in quite a while. I need to rectify that problem!
    #1 food poisoning food @ the renfest! Way to much salt for most of us. Way to many tuff tendons in turkey drumsticks to be enjoyable!

Top Bottom