• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    Al's was decent but not the best. Always go for cheese, hot peppers and extra gravy or fully dipped (juice/au jus). My favorite place would slather garlic butter on the bread before adding the beef and toasting it. You can also add a italian sausage link to the middle of it and they call it a combo.
    1629157585643.png

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    A proper Chicago dog w/ everything. Steamed poppy seed bun, Vienna red hot link, yellow mustard, neon green relish, sliced tomato, onion, pickle spear, sport peppers, and celery salt. Best eaten while watching the Cubs at Wrigley Field.
    1629157943121.png

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I yank the sport peppers off, but bite them to drain the brine onto the dogs or fries. The poppy seed bun & neon green relish only makes it more better!

Vienna franks have a natural sheep intestine casing that snaps when bitten. I have seen raw cucumbers on Chicago dogs too.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    I yank the sport peppers off, but bite them to drain the brine onto the dogs or fries. The poppy seed bun & neon green relish only makes it more better!

Vienna franks have a natural sheep intestine casing that snaps when bitten. I have seen raw cucumbers on Chicago dogs too.
    I always get extra extra extra sport peppers. It makes it more better. :laughing:

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    Have you had a Mexican dog? I think it's a Sonora dog. Wife made it one time, it was good but prep time wasn't good.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Have you had a Mexican dog? I think it's a Sonora dog. Wife made it one time, it was good but prep time wasn't good.
    I have had them several different places and would take a bad Chicago dog over a great Señora Dog! Same goes for Chili Dogs. Now I only want a chili dog with my own chili. Canned chili hot dogs & if you go all out with cheese are just to salty for me.

James Coney Island is by far the very worse hot dog joint I ever ate ate. I'd rather have an Oscar Mayer Weiner or beef frank nuked in a nun with yellow mustard!

Early on as a Meat cutter the cold deli was part of the meat department. Boars Head would bring out their New York street cart with Franks, Brats & Knockwurst. My guess they were not typical of a New York Dirty Water Dog, but with the full Boars Head set up I could eat myself stupid!

Retail hot dogs run a gamut of flavor & quality. While I'll buy a Veinna Beef over anything Boars Head is next followed by Hebrew National & Nathans.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    I've been to El Guero Canelo in Tucson a couple times and had their famous Sonoran Dog (a James Beard award winner). It was pretty good but IMHO a proper Chicago dog is the best dog in the country.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom