• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AgedWarrior

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2021
    Lamb County, TX
    Smoked some baby back ribs yesterday. Excellent with home made potato salad and grillin beans. Shared a rack with our neighbors…good eatin!
    389AA258-B7DE-4174-841A-64DA65B912D6.jpeg
    Gun Zone Deals

glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    A little late, this was last night, prime NY strip with small baked tater, shrimp cocktail, and a great bottle of wine. I wanted to do something really good for my wife and she loved it. I forgot about the cucumbers in sour cream, that was first thing to get gobbled down.

Attachments

• 226976FC-F3B3-44FA-9FFA-B4869F7EDD42.jpeg
      226976FC-F3B3-44FA-9FFA-B4869F7EDD42.jpeg
      1.9 MB · Views: 50
    • EAC6483A-DDD1-4EE6-8DD6-A848FEC302D6.jpeg
      EAC6483A-DDD1-4EE6-8DD6-A848FEC302D6.jpeg
      1.8 MB · Views: 45
    • 972DCE77-7809-42A7-9D41-8BAF7EB44DEB.jpeg
      972DCE77-7809-42A7-9D41-8BAF7EB44DEB.jpeg
      1.4 MB · Views: 47
    • F56C8D25-8A70-4E94-91C8-21A4EFA04CE7.jpeg
      F56C8D25-8A70-4E94-91C8-21A4EFA04CE7.jpeg
      2.1 MB · Views: 48

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Corn dogs, homemade french fries and a honey raisin walnut bran muffin for desert!
    It's been a very long time since my last corn dog! Tell me y'all at least deep fried the corn dogs.

At the renfest the company I worked for did The Battered Pig, this was a big long sausage battered & fried. Battered Sausage are common in Fish & chip joints for those who blew to much money on pints earlier in the evening.

When made properly the tip was re-battered & fried to give it a head like appearance.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    It's been a very long time since my last corn dog! Tell me y'all at least deep fried the corn dogs.

At the renfest the company I worked for did The Battered Pig, this was a big long sausage battered & fried. Battered Sausage are common in Fish & chip joints for those who blew to much money on pints earlier in the evening.

When made properly the tip was re-battered & fried to give it a head like appearance.
    Deep fried of course. I think I have had that "Battered Pig" at the Renfest before. Actually, I love the food there. Kind of pricey, but I love it anyways.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Deep fried of course. I think I have had that "Battered Pig" at the Renfest before. Actually, I love the food there. Kind of pricey, but I love it anyways.
    I ate very little food from other vendors. I was lucky in many ways as the kitchen help made their food. Lots of us worked together for so long it was pretty much family like!

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I ate very little food from other vendors. I was lucky in many ways as the kitchen help made their food. Lots of us worked together for so long it was pretty much family like!
    I do enjoy the food at RenFest. i get to try some foods I normally wouldn't get to try anywhere else.

Just out of curiosity, how authentic to the time period is the food at RenFest?

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I do enjoy the food at RenFest. i get to try some foods I normally wouldn't get to try anywhere else.

Just out of curiosity, how authentic to the time period is the food at RenFest?
    I highly doubt overpriced deep fried bullshit on a stick was common back then. I don't believe high fructose corn syrup was in everything back in the day!

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I was more referring to some of the other menu items they sell there!
    I'll be real honest I ate & saw very little of the festival because I was working. Bar backs would run to other places & grab food to bring back for the wenches. I seen many a wench eating things that I would just scratch my head over!

I new the Sea Devil always got high 90's if not 100's on the inspection. Feast Hall always did the same.

You have to realize I have seen many a back area. Plus I would go by what the beer guys would say. Beer guys ate a lot at the Sea Devil. Beer guys seen inside coolers & kitchens.

La Fiesta Foods had one of the nicest modern kitchens there that I had been in. Her Polish food was great as were her empanadas, IIRC empanadas were $6.00 or $8.00 I could eat 4-5. She own a Polish restaurant in Houston!

I would get a scotch egg a couple times a year from the Queens Pantry, but my one fry cook got were he brought me menudo & barbacoa every Sunday morning the last few years I worked. It was common to have Sunday morning breakfast brought in. Harvey the Kitchen manager at the Sea Devil fed us during set up & take down and during the run. Boss man would cook some late nights french toast & frito pie. No frito pie for me thank you.

The German Burgers & Ruebens never sat well with me. I'd get a frozen cheese cake, but eating off a stick sucks. The potato chips the Emhoff's put out were good.

The biggest turn off was seeing all this food dumped on tables & lots of puking idiots. Nothing worse the a puke & I throw there asses out as fast I knew about them. Had some fleck of human waste dump a very full adult diaper once at the Sea Devil. If I would have caught them they would have been wearing like a pirate hat!

The Feast Hall shiters especially the women can be a very very nasty place. One of the more dedicated employees takes care of it every time & never bitches, but she will tell you some stories!

Top Bottom