Join TexasGunTalk

What's for dinner?

Discussion in 'Cooking & BBQ' started by grasshopperglock, May 18, 2015.

1. SloppyShooter

SloppyShooter Certifiable

Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    You guys are a more forgiving bunch than I am. I disowned my brother for buying pre-smoked grocery store turkey.

karlac likes this.
  2. grasshopperglock

grasshopperglock Cruise Control

Jan 5, 2012
    HK

The store expects on a level that you're gonna smoke it more and simmered in Dr Pepper. It's not great as you buy it. Smoked more and it'll hit the spot.

Call your brother.

3. grasshopperglock

Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I don't feel like cooking and it's my turn.

It's Pizza tonight.

Frozen from the store with extra pepperoni, black olives, jalapeno slices and cheese added.

4. bigwheel

bigwheel Active Member

Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    Well i had a giant burger form the sports grill for lunch..and just knocked out a frozen eyetalian TV dinner for a late night snack. It was noodle looking things with chicken and Pesto. Whatever that is. I have eat worse a few times.

5. grasshopperglock

Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    The GF had a recipe suggested to her. We're trying it tonight.

Velveeta cheese and Rotel Chicken spaghetti.

6. SloppyShooter

SloppyShooter Certifiable

Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    Well , first... WTF? Ummmm....what was the point again? Isn't that like buying a POS shooter, spending a grand upgrading to get something sub- par to off the shelf under a grand?

Call my brother? You call him. I was kidding about the storebought thing, but he is about as mentally unbalanced as Hill Billy. Last time I called him to relate something I thought he might find interesting, he accused me of trying to give him my life story. Then he got really weird, and said : " Why did you always have to be better than me...... going back to our our childhood. "

I said: " Dude! We're both over 60yrs. old. I wasn't trying to be better than you, I was trying to be the best in the world."

My ex wife wife said of my sainted mother:"She's going to Heaven, we're both going to hell." Even MY MOTHER doesn't like him. He is totally self-absorbed deranged.

Back to topic: I'm actually working on repurposing a seafood salad into a crab cake recipe. First run wasn't bad, a bit too sweet and not quite holding together as well as I would like. Next adjustments; white vinegar, cracker crumbs, and another egg to the existing mixture. Still pan fried in butter/olive oil for now.

I always say, if you got it right the first time, it must have not been that hard. On the near horizon, reconstructing the McRib in a user friendly form for me. Maybe to the point of reconstruction of the patty itself.

Maybe I'll get some teeth soon, and I can take that off the list, but, I still have to adjust the spice level on stuff, and I'm getting to the point I can copy just about any dish in a nearly UNspicy ( heat wise) configuration.

Been thinking about opening a restaurant called: 'Not So Hot' , offering everything in a level from no heat to burn your tongue off, with identical flavor, so mixed matched couples can experience how the other half lives.

7. karlac

karlac Gone fishin' ... TGT Supporter Lifetime Member

Aug 21, 2013
    WestU, TX
    Last night
    C-ration peach can "stove", thumb sized chunk of C4, canteen cup of halogen treated ditch water, and a bag of "ground beef and rice" LRP rations.

Then, thank gawd, I woke up ...

pronstar, EZ-E, Geri @ Cope's and 2 others like this.
  8. grasshopperglock

Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Lentil soup.

Fried diced bacon. Onion added at the middle to cook too. Sliced carrots, celery, and white onion.

Half bag of green lentils. Water and chicken broth cubes. Ground pepper, other spices. Half a whole fresh jalapeno.

Served with saltines.

Desert is fried cinnamon rolls out a can. Using peanut oil. Fried on each to the golden brown. 2 rolls a person.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  9. grasshopperglock

Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Chili with beans.

Cranberry and red beans. White onion, garlic, tomatoes, chili seasoning. Simmered till dinner time.

Corn bread as the side.

AZ Refugee likes this.
  10. AZ Refugee

AZ Refugee Member

Sep 23, 2014
    Venison Chili no beans, simmered in Shiner served with Fritos, cheese, onions, & jalapenos