• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Ok, no pics. Grabbed a prime ribeye a couple weeks ago; salted it and put ‘er in the fridge behind the mayo and shît. Brought it out today and had a nice crust forming, so I dropped it on the island with good olive oil, salt, pepper, and fresh garlic.

Smoked it to 125*, then seared at 650*. Served with a Saddleback Triple T and broccolini with garlic. I’m going to bed fat, dumb, and happy with Buffalo Trace bread puddin’ for dessert.

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    Ok, no pics. Grabbed a prime ribeye a couple weeks ago; salted it and put ‘er in the fridge behind the mayo and shît. Brought it out today and had a nice crust forming, so I dropped it on the island with good olive oil, salt, pepper, and fresh garlic.

Smoked it to 125*, then seared at 650*. Served with a Saddleback Triple T and broccolini with garlic. I’m going to bed fat, dumb, and happy with Buffalo Trace bread puddin’ for dessert.

Buffalo Trace bread puddin?

I gotta know how to fix that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    The wife makes a killer bourbon infused BBQ sauce!
    I'm not really much of a bourbon drinker but keep some on hand. I did a bourdon sauce once and afterwards thought what a waste for cooking off the alcohol.

I did make Ever Clear shrimp while single as a panty dropper to the ladies! Hard to believe I never started a place on fire with that!

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I'm not really much of a bourbon drinker but keep some on hand. I did a bourdon sauce once and afterwards thought what a waste for cooking off the alcohol.

I did make Ever Clear shrimp while single as a panty dropper to the ladies! Hard to believe I never started a place on fire with that!
    You really need to try some of my maple bourbon candied bacon!

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    You really need to try some of my maple bourbon candied bacon!
    Never was a huge fan of maple probably because growing up it was corn syrup flavored maple Log Cabin! When I was making 12-15 different sausages I would use real maple in some breakfast links. I would have the smell of that maple the rest of the day & never liked it.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Buffalo Trace bread puddin?

I gotta know how to fix that!

I use this as a place to start but generally use brioche or challah instead of french and an extra egg. Key is soaking the bread for an hour or more so it fully absorbs the eggs.

You can soak the raisins in bourbon to soften them up..

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    I use this as a place to start but generally use brioche or challah instead of french and an extra egg. Key is soaking the bread for an hour or more so it fully absorbs the eggs.

You can soak the raisins in bourbon to soften them up..

Thanks. I’m gonna try this. I make a bourbon pecan pie occasionally but bread pudding is one of my favorites.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    F664AB89-C2F3-40D0-BE5E-877BEA9C5179.jpeg
    4424C9BC-CF30-4CE0-94FA-B1A0D5FC9903.jpeg
    B484FEAD-132F-4A3D-890B-D0665CFDBA87.jpeg

A friend of mine & his dad came over tonight. I had made a pot of chili, but chili is always better the next day. So we had rib eyes and loaded baked potatoes with green beans. I sent his dad home with some of the chili.

My chili scares my buddy! I guess the fact that I use various pepper & chiles is what did it! Could be the onions & beans! I figure he is worried about sitting & perhaps shitting in his deer blind Saturday morning!

It’s nice to be set up with chili tomorrow for dinner!

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    View attachment 286653 View attachment 286652 View attachment 286651
    A friend of mine & his dad came over tonight. I had made a pot of chili, but chili is always better the next day. So we had rib eyes and loaded baked potatoes with green beans. I sent his dad home with some of the chili.

My chili scares my buddy! I guess the fact that I use various pepper & chiles is what did it! Could be the onions & beans! I figure he is worried about sitting & perhaps shitting in his deer blind Saturday morning!

It’s nice to be set up with chili tomorrow for dinner!
    I assume the Gold is hidden under the steak? 16 bucks a pound.

Top Bottom