• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    If you like Key lime pie, you need to try out the ones they have at the Stockman's Cafe in Elkhart. Pretty damn good!
    A buddy was over & to change out the heater in my dishwasher. I couldn't cook because the kitchen was tied up. The wife has been sick too. So we went out to eat without the wife. When we were leaving I asked for 3 different desserts to go. He only had 2 Key Lime Pies. The dessert were for the wife to figure out what she wanted for dinner.

Note to self order the small orders when at Billy B's. Their double meat burger with onion rings was almost to much! The dog got half of the single wife's burger.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    A buddy was over & to change out the heater in my dishwasher. I couldn't cook because the kitchen was tied up. The wife has been sick too. So we went out to eat without the wife. When we were leaving I asked for 3 different desserts to go. He only had 2 Key Lime Pies. The dessert were for the wife to figure out what she wanted for dinner.

Note to self order the small orders when at Billy B's. Their double meat burger with onion rings was almost to much! The dog got half of the single wife's burger.
    I have a hard time resisting a good Key Lime pie. Very few places even make one. so finding one that is decent is rare.

glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    Thai beef salad over toasted Romaine lettuce and ramen noodles, veggie plate, a couple of hot peppers, and a decent red wine.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Beef stew: beef (browned in butter), sliced button mushrooms, white turnips, parsnips, onions, about 2/3 a bottle of Spaten, salt, pepper, garlic powder. Will last me several days and tastes mighty fine even though I only used a chuck roast to cut up for the stew meat.

carlson1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2013
    If you haven’t made Texas Twinkies you sure need to try them.

Also one of my favorite go to’s is a sausage link wrapped in bacon with your favorite BBQ rub and smoke then for about two or three hours.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    727BF46A-E345-4B25-90AB-566C0118BD66.jpeg
    F97A0F3F-7EA9-45CB-A0B6-AAA57E44BCFF.jpeg

Well my first attempt at Corning my own beef wasn’t bad. I knew I should have rinsed it off a couple of times before putting it on the smoker, but firing up the Kamado in the cold was kind of harsh.

Using the eye of the round & trimming all the fat made it pretty damn lean. Hopefully the saltiness & leanness go fine on sammichs.

Never could find the spices needed for pastrami on half. I smoked it 5 hour with mesquite to an internal temp of 175. Finished it in the crock pot to help season the produce.

Top Bottom