What's for dinner?

Axxe55

Professional Troublemaker
Dec 15, 2019
Texas.
It was fish stick Friday! Made some fish stick sandwiches and french fries. Tomorrow night it's on! The wife said she would take me to the Stockman's Cafe for dinner. We decided to do our Father's Day dinner on Sunday afternoon. Going to be a busy day tomorrow baling hay.

Glenn B

Well-Known
TGT Supporter
Sep 5, 2019
Texarkana Area
Lamb stew made with a boneless leg of lamb, butter to brown the chunks once cut up, salted the meat before browning, stewed in the pot for about two hours with a lot of black pepper, a decent amount of garlic powder, maybe a cup or more of flaked onions (my yellow onions in the fridge were moldy and went into the trash instead of the stew), eight small to medium white turnips, 6 pretty large parsnips. Simple but outstandingly delicious and the turnips are very low in carbs and relatively high in fiber while the parsnips are higher in carbs than turnips but also have relatively high fiber. Those two as opposed to the old stew standby - regular potatoes, which have very high carbs and very low fiber.

Axxe55

Dec 15, 2019
Texas.
Hmmmm....those chili cheese burritos seem a little disappointing now!

But my homemade salsa that I had with them was the bomb!

Axxe55

Dec 15, 2019
Texas.
I grilled some killer burgers last night. Mixed some farm fresh ground beef, with some 70/30 and pork sausage and seasoned the patties with Tony's cajun seasoning, then grilled them over hardwood coals. The last few minutes of cooking I put on a slice of pepper jack cheese. Dayum were they good!

Top Bottom