What's for dinner?

Axxe55

Trophy Husband. Just Ask My Wife!
Dec 15, 2019
Somewhere....In Texas!
We still have some turkey, ham and dressing left over from Thanksgiving, but I need a break!

So the wife and I are going to have pizza from Little Caesar's tonight for dinner! WOOT! :banana:

TheDan

4th Best Member
TGT Supporter
Nov 11, 2008
Austin - Rockdale
We decided turkey sucks, so I made a pork roast for Thanksgiving instead.

The day before I poked holes in the pork butt, and shoved garlic cloves and rosemary deep inside. Rubbed it down with salt and spices. Let it rest in the fridge overnight.

I made a bed of onions, mushrooms, and potato for it to lay on...

I put it in a well pre-heated oven at 500° for 20min to get a nice crust, then turned it back to 225° and let it slow roast for a few hours.

It turned out delicious!

My daughter made pecan pies, too. She used my mom's old recipe... Turned out great for a first try.

Vaquero

Dog faced pony soldier
Apr 4, 2011
Out West
I need to walk the "green mile" to the cafeteria line.
Only when Barney Fife and Bull say the capacity is ok, can I enter. Then I'll stand in line for a few minutes till I can see the dry erase board with the evenings selections on it.
I can't complain. Last night's chicken fried steak was actually top 10 in Texas type stuff.

(Man camp in Orla TX. Meals included in the lodging price. I'm on bacon overload every morning. I suspect the head cook makes almost as much as I do. I haven't had a bad meal there yet.)

satx78247

TGT Addict
Jun 23, 2014
Home made pepperoni pizza tonight, it was tasty!
AZ Refugee,

SOUNDS FINE.

As I'm "batching it" tonight, SPICY YELLOW CHICKEN CURRY over rice from my favorite Chinese "hole in the wall" = WEN WHA.

yours, satx

Top Bottom