• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    Never once had one with cheese, not a huge fan of giardeniar or pepper & onions. A hot combo that's wet or dipped, shit maybe two if I forgo fries and a couple of beers I'd be a happy man
    My beefs always get dipped. Combos always get extra gravy. Both always get cheese. If I don't get the giardiniera I'll at least do peppers and hot oil.
    If you like Portillos, they deliver across the country.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    My beefs always get dipped. Combos always get extra gravy. Both always get cheese. If I don't get the giardiniera I'll at least do peppers and hot oil.
    If you like Portillos, they deliver across the country.
    Only thing I like about Portillos is the owners love of WWII Pacific war history. I can't say Portillo's Chicago dogs impressed me.
    My brother knew of all the dive joints for killer beef sammiches from being a lineman & driving around for work.

My sister works for a rendering plant & knows the chains they have grease accounts with.

While I lived up yonder 80% of my Italian beef sammiches & combos came fron one bar the servered a great sammich. The other 20% came from traveling around an see a place that was crowded. A lot of those were late night drunken trips.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    Only thing I like about Portillos is the owners love of WWII Pacific war history. I can't say Portillo's Chicago dogs impressed me.
    My brother knew of all the dive joints for killer beef sammiches from being a lineman & driving around for work.

My sister works for a rendering plant & knows the chains they have grease accounts with.

While I lived up yonder 80% of my Italian beef sammiches & combos came fron one bar the servered a great sammich. The other 20% came from traveling around an see a place that was crowded. A lot of those were late night drunken trips.
    True, local spots got the good stuff but just gonna say Portillo's Delivery is pretty damn good when you're sitting in Texas and haven't had a beef in a while. YMMV.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Italian sub with a couple hot peppers
    20220823_201839~2.jpg

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    True, local spots got the good stuff but just gonna say Portillo's Delivery is pretty damn good when you're sitting in Texas and haven't had a beef in a while. YMMV.
    I replaced all the old with upgraded new. Houston offered up lots of ethnic food I never seen before. Sure I miss beef sammichs, as much as a killer curry now be it from any where.

More then anything I miss lunch special in old school neighborhood bars, VFW’s and American Legions.

Best thing for my fat ass is being out here where very few things are better then home cooking. Since the doctor told me to watch the cholesterol the Kamado has been somewhat idle.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Sack of White Castle Jalapeno Cheeseburgers and ketchup packets. Fresh @ a White Castle. You either love them or you don't.
    I had heard people talk about White Castle for many years, so many years ago I was in Indiana for my grandmother's funeral, I talked my aunt into taking me to one for lunch one day. I was not impressed, and they were absolutely the worst burgers i have ever eaten in my life.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I had heard people talk about White Castle for many years, so many years ago I was in Indiana for my grandmother's funeral, I talked my aunt into taking me to one for lunch one day. I was not impressed, and they were absolutely the worst burgers i have ever eaten in my life.
    Oh I have ate worse! Vending machine burger that you nuke, school cafeteria burgers, Whataburgers, McDonalds, Sonic & Dairy Queen, Carls Jr.

White Castles are onion burgers If you don't like grilled onions your not going to like White Castles. My dad had a huge skillet that he made onion burger in. And like a White Castle brown mustard & dill pickle is all they needed.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    White Castle on Long Island in the 60's, had to drive a ways but I think it was open late. Went back to visit LI in 2001, found one nearby, got a bag full. They are sold around TX in the frozen food section, used to microwave them at work.

Top Bottom