Chicken tortilla soup.
    20221011_172752.jpg

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Made burgers in the skillet. As simple as a thing the basic hamburgers are mine tend to suck either grilled or fried. I think where my burgers fail is I alway make a thicker patty. Not enough seasoning or it gets over seasoned. That & I over cook my patties most times. I have hockey pouched more then a few on the smoker.

Buns be it hot dog or hamburger store buns are crappy eatable napkins IMHO. Today we had Brioche which = crappy cheese eating surrender monkey buns. Toasted, un-toasted nuked slightly or grease steamed I'd like the greasy steamed version. The trick is the right amount. A fake butter griddle toasted might be the best.

Burger fixings this should stir the chili pot. We never ate mayo on burgers growing up, but mayoform a moisture barrier between paty & bun. I learned this from my chef buddy who grew up in a burger dynasty. Without a moisture barrier any juices are going to mess up the bottom bun rendering it a soggy as PITA. I like onions & they go next. Greasy fried taste best, diced give you good distribution whole ring is mostly to much unless slice real thin, & loose rings fall off.

The ground beef is why we eat burgers. A nice even bark holding in juices perfectly seasoned, bigger the the bun. I seldom pull it off right. I buy bulk make patties & freezes them. I can go from zero to loosing my shit if a fresh patties sticks to the grill. 2 thinner burger beat a thick one, but between be lazy & poor hamburger dividinf skills without a scale a big fail for me.

Cheese I like American cheese, but hate that over processed crap that individually sliced. I don't msndother cheeseifit's a theamed burger like mushroom Swiss or carmelized under sharp cheddar. No spicy cheese or jalapeños, this a burger not a taco

Lettuce & tamato are not something I tend to like especially if the lettuce in under the patty & soggy or the tomato is slipping out. Yellow or Brown mustard NO POOPON! Ketchup is the way I grew up eating burgers, I'll eat it on hot dogs too. My wife still to today commented on my ketchup, even knowing I bought here a tomato to STFU about my ketchup. Picklesare almost a must as the brine can add salt & sour to the burger. Like lots of hamburger chips on my burger.

I still think the best burgers ever were the Special @Bellaire Broiler Burger. Any burger so good you don't set it down says alot.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    Made burgers in the skillet. As simple as a thing the basic hamburgers are mine tend to suck either grilled or fried. I think where my burgers fail is I alway make a thicker patty. Not enough seasoning or it gets over seasoned. That & I over cook my patties most times. I have hockey pouched more then a few on the smoker.

Buns be it hot dog or hamburger store buns are crappy eatable napkins IMHO. Today we had Brioche which = crappy cheese eating surrender monkey buns. Toasted, un-toasted nuked slightly or grease steamed I'd like the greasy steamed version. The trick is the right amount. A fake butter griddle toasted might be the best.

Burger fixings this should stir the chili pot. We never ate mayo on burgers growing up, but mayoform a moisture barrier between paty & bun. I learned this from my chef buddy who grew up in a burger dynasty. Without a moisture barrier any juices are going to mess up the bottom bun rendering it a soggy as PITA. I like onions & they go next. Greasy fried taste best, diced give you good distribution whole ring is mostly to much unless slice real thin, & loose rings fall off.

The ground beef is why we eat burgers. A nice even bark holding in juices perfectly seasoned, bigger the the bun. I seldom pull it off right. I buy bulk make patties & freezes them. I can go from zero to loosing my shit if a fresh patties sticks to the grill. 2 thinner burger beat a thick one, but between be lazy & poor hamburger dividinf skills without a scale a big fail for me.

Cheese I like American cheese, but hate that over processed crap that individually sliced. I don't msndother cheeseifit's a theamed burger like mushroom Swiss or carmelized under sharp cheddar. No spicy cheese or jalapeños, this a burger not a taco

Lettuce & tamato are not something I tend to like especially if the lettuce in under the patty & soggy or the tomato is slipping out. Yellow or Brown mustard NO POOPON! Ketchup is the way I grew up eating burgers, I'll eat it on hot dogs too. My wife still to today commented on my ketchup, even knowing I bought here a tomato to STFU about my ketchup. Picklesare almost a must as the brine can add salt & sour to the burger. Like lots of hamburger chips on my burger.

I still think the best burgers ever were the Special @Bellaire Broiler Burger. Any burger so good you don't set it down says alot.
    I grill my burgers like I grill my steak. Let meat acclimate outside of the fridge. Cold burgers curl. Season to taste and then put your thumb in the middle so they don't plump and turn into baseballs. 450F is a good temp. Decide what doneness you want and stick to the time schedule. My burgers usually get 5 minutes initially then flip for another 4-5. Let them rest for a couple minutes (good time to put a slice of cheese and cover to let it melt with the heat from the patty. For a classic burger I do ketchup, mayo (top and bottom bun for keeping bun "dry"), lettuce, tomato, onions, pickle. A sturdy bun is a must. I prefer thick burgers for the grill. When frying, it is beneficial to flatten them out so you get that nice crust.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Buster1979
    Top Bottom