• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Rather then wrapping the pork butts & sit out side any longer I brought them into the house to get them up to 200+ in the oven.

The house is smelling like a Bar B Que joint.I just checked them and they are at 177ish. Lots of juice on the bottom of the big foil pan.

I'd take a picture but the phones battery was about gone so I put it on the charger. Phuc it might ed up being a really long day for my old fat ass.

I have the feeling this might be one of the best Seniors Lunches at the VFD. The ladies that do most of the cooking, making desserts & serving said get small buns because of the old folks. The way the house smells I think a lot of guys might want more then one small sammich.
    Venture Surplus ad

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    13 hours from lightning the fire to pulling it all down. I can tell y’all this was a lot of work and I won’t even bitch about the price of a sammich.
    IMG_1538.jpeg
    IMG_1539.jpeg

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    Had leftovers a few min. ago… but they were yummy

Yesterday, Mrs. Iowashooter made baked pork chops (seared brown first) on a bed of chopped onions, apples and celery... with a side of green beans to top it off.

After washing all windows in the house today (inside and out)… I’m beat. The leftovers have put me in a food coma.
    I've seen other recipes that included onions and apples. Sounds very creative and very contrasting flavors for sure. Didn't say whether onions are red, white or yellow but I have a feeling they would all work. Tell Mrs Iowashooter her recipe does sound yummy as you describe.

Iowashooter

Bitter Clinger
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2024
    Iowa
    I've seen other recipes that included onions and apples. Sounds very creative and very contrasting flavors for sure. Didn't say whether onions are red, white or yellow but I have a feeling they would all work. Tell Mrs Iowashooter her recipe does sound yummy as you describe.
    Sweet vadalia onions… :)

Top Bottom