• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    It was fish stick Friday! Made some fish stick sandwiches and french fries. Tomorrow night it's on! The wife said she would take me to the Stockman's Cafe for dinner. We decided to do our Father's Day dinner on Sunday afternoon. Going to be a busy day tomorrow baling hay.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Fixin to be chicken salad.
    20200630_191204.jpg

Attachments

• 20200630_191204.jpg
      20200630_191204.jpg
      1.4 MB · Views: 632

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Lamb stew made with a boneless leg of lamb, butter to brown the chunks once cut up, salted the meat before browning, stewed in the pot for about two hours with a lot of black pepper, a decent amount of garlic powder, maybe a cup or more of flaked onions (my yellow onions in the fridge were moldy and went into the trash instead of the stew), eight small to medium white turnips, 6 pretty large parsnips. Simple but outstandingly delicious and the turnips are very low in carbs and relatively high in fiber while the parsnips are higher in carbs than turnips but also have relatively high fiber. Those two as opposed to the old stew standby - regular potatoes, which have very high carbs and very low fiber.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I grilled some killer burgers last night. Mixed some farm fresh ground beef, with some 70/30 and pork sausage and seasoned the patties with Tony's cajun seasoning, then grilled them over hardwood coals. The last few minutes of cooking I put on a slice of pepper jack cheese. Dayum were they good!

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    One daughter told me it was the best dinner ever. Guess I need to make chicken and dumplings more often, it had been a couple of months. I should have made cornbread too, oh well.
    7D5BEEFE-35AF-45D5-87DE-23FC1832AC3B.jpeg

Attachments

• 7D5BEEFE-35AF-45D5-87DE-23FC1832AC3B.jpeg
      7D5BEEFE-35AF-45D5-87DE-23FC1832AC3B.jpeg
      1.4 MB · Views: 523

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I still got one of the steaks I grilled the other night left in the fridge. Going to throw it under the broiler to heat it up a bit, make some steak fries, and some garlic toast to go with it. And some of those roasted vegetables the wife did last night from Dad's garden.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Finished off the rest of that steak last night! Those steaks were frigging huge! The wife only got two of them, but they were some big rascals. Made some french fries, garlic toast and some macaroni salad with it. And one cold Corona!

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Went to the store to get a script and had a bit of a wait so I went to the meat department. First I asked the meat guy if they have any proper porterhouse. He pointed towards the
    t-bones and I said no, a porterhouse with a proper full fillet still on there plus thicker than a typical t-bone. It depends on how we cut the
    t-bones he says.

Anyways I look at the prices and damn near was shocked into veganism. A 2 pack of nice T-bones was 40 bucks. This is getting ridiculous, you need a second mortgage for a couple nice steaks.

Oh this was Kroger I'm sure it's worse elsewhere.

Anyone in DFW north know a decent meat market, or if I'm stuck paying those prices a steak house cause for that someone else can do the cooking.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    CC, meat prices have gotten ridiculous for sure. Price a brisket if you want a shock.

The option I suggest isn't for everyone, since not everyone has the place or means to do it, but if you do, it's a viable option against the high cost of beef. Buy a feeder calf and feed it out and then have it butchered and processed. My Brother did earlier this year. We have another getting fattened up right now in line to go. He's right at about 600 pounds now. It worked out to about .59 cents a pound for that beef.

If that is too much beef for one person, find some other to go in halves, thirds or fourths with you on the calf.

Just something to ponder on.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Went to the store to get a script and had a bit of a wait so I went to the meat department. First I asked the meat guy if they have any proper porterhouse. He pointed towards the
    t-bones and I said no, a porterhouse with a proper full fillet still on there plus thicker than a typical t-bone. It depends on how we cut the
    t-bones he says.

Realistcally there is only about 6 inches of true porterhouse on a loin.

Top Bottom