• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Just prepped the grill for some burgers tonight. Still to hot outside to light a fire. My secret for the burgers tonight are ketchup, horseradish, roasted garlic + the blood the rare smoked Eye of Round gave up. Even the wife liked that on the roast beef & she hates ketchup, except on fries. It might be a good injectable combo for the next smoked roast. I'll do another eye next time they are on sale again.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    White Castle burgers are the same deal! Minced onions on the griddle the beef patties have hole that the onions cook into the holes. And thats why you don't want to be in an enclosed area after eating them.

My dad's go to burger was a grease fried skillet burger with caramelized onions & grease steaming the bun. Now eating one I'll be eating gas-ex before & after the burgers.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    White Castle burgers are the same deal! Minced onions on the griddle the beef patties have hole that the onions cook into the holes. And thats why you don't want to be in an enclosed area after eating them.

My dad's go to burger was a grease fried skillet burger with caramelized onions & grease steaming the bun. Now eating one I'll be eating gas-ex before & after the burgers.

First time I went up north, I tried a White Castle burger. I was less than impressed.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    First time I went up north, I tried a White Castle burger. I was less than impressed.
    White Castles were like .05 for the longest time. We ate them as kids because they were a real treat because they were none around home. Money was pretty tight and my dad would rather spend .10 cents for 2 then the .15 McDonalds charged for 1 burger.

When we started drinking White Castles were open 24 hours. So after the bar’s closed if you hadn’t picked up a dirty leg you road tripped to White Castles.

Eventually Subway opened & stayed open until after the bars closed I puked a lot of Subway while drunk. White Castles just made you fart really stinkfully!

I had one of those Oklahoma onion burgers many years ago. I see them not unlike Whataburger. If you didn’t grow up eating it out would be like WTF!

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    White Castles were like .05 for the longest time. We ate them as kids because they were a real treat because they were none around home. Money was pretty tight and my dad would rather spend .10 cents for 2 then the .15 McDonalds charged for 1 burger.

When we started drinking White Castles were open 24 hours. So after the bar’s closed if you hadn’t picked up a dirty leg you road tripped to White Castles.

Eventually Subway opened & stayed open until after the bars closed I puked a lot of Subway while drunk. White Castles just made you fart really stinkfully!

I had one of those Oklahoma onion burgers many years ago. I see them not unlike Whataburger. If you didn’t grow up eating it out would be like WTF!

Around here our choices were limited as far as places to eat after the bars closed. For many years, it was just the Pitt Grill, and believe it not, Palestine had three Pitt Grill restaurants at one time.

Then when Jack in the Box and Taco Bell came to town, at least their drive-thru's stayed open 24 hours. Then along came Whataburger!

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    You can buy the Holmes sausage here at Kroger , HEB even the Aldi has it I like the Garlic too . The used to be right on 36 in Pleak, a one traffic light town but the smoke house burned down and the moved somewhere close. Not a fan of Ekrich

We ate the Eckridge brand for many years, and it was decent sausage, and we still buy it occasionally, but we have found some of the smaller brands just have much better flavor.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Cleaned up on leftover eye of round. Found a half an onion, 4 strips of bacon and made steak & potato hash. Topped it with shredded Monterey Jack. The wife choose to wrap it up in a tortilla.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Grilled ribeye steak (boned) and a salad of Romaine lettuce, spinach and feta cheese with Ken's Greek salad dressing. Also had a huge mug of black Peruvian something or other coffee with a shot of Knappogue Castle 12 year old single malt Irish whiskey and a bottle of water as a chaser (need to stay hydrated in this hot weather with the dog walking and all).

The mongrel Skye also enjoyed a nice bit of the steak mixed in with her dry food and some water for the ersatz gravy effect. She gobbled it up as usual.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    DABE06D4-F45F-4187-A894-6C73C4339750.jpeg
    63A2B4C9-ACCB-4697-A730-C2A68177D325.jpeg

Made a whiskey bbq sauce to go with it.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support