• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    Made some Big Mac style burgers at home. We just got a Ninja Air Fryer..the one that folds up. Made some wings. They were OK. Not sure about this whole air fryer thing. Maybe we should have gotten the bigger model that you don't have to flip things.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Made some Big Mac style burgers at home. We just got a Ninja Air Fryer..the one that folds up. Made some wings. They were OK. Not sure about this whole air fryer thing. Maybe we should have gotten the bigger model that you don't have to flip things.
    Our toaster oven air fries. Wings do need flipping. Frozen pizza & bacon is what urs does best, but before the Kamado I really didn't mind the effort of flipping the wings. Just standing cutting the wings from a family pack into drumettes would roach my back.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    I suspect we are expecting too much of the air "fryer". Sadly, there is no replacement for dropping food into a hot vat of oil. No way around it. I'm sure we will still use it for various things but I believe the air fryer hoopla is a bunch of hot air (pun intended). As per pizza, we have an electric pizza oven made by Wisco that does an excellent job. We bought it for our camper so we didn't have to use the propane/oven as much. We liked it so much we bought one for the house.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    I suspect we are expecting too much of the air "fryer". Sadly, there is no replacement for dropping food into a hot vat of oil. No way around it. I'm sure we will still use it for various things but I believe the air fryer hoopla is a bunch of hot air (pun intended). As per pizza, we have an electric pizza oven made by Wisco that does an excellent job. We bought it for our camper so we didn't have to use the propane/oven as much. We liked it so much we bought one for the house.
    We make french fries in our air fryer using fresh potatoes. Probably the only thing we make in it.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Pork loin in an air fryer is good too - season, covered in bacon and cook until 145. Do not try fried okra...it just doesn't seem to work right. Fries, mini tator tots, frozen poppers, egg rolls, etc all work well.

Tonight? T-bones off the grill and the wife gets to decide the side dishes.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Just about ever bar back home had those Wisco pizza ovens & Tombstone pizza. Our toaster oven/ Air Fryer does a pretty close second to the Wisco oven.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Just about ever bar back home had those Wisco pizza ovens & Tombstone pizza. Our toaster oven/ Air Fryer does a pretty close second to the Wisco oven.

Yup. That's where I got the idea from.
    Y'all must have been going to them high class bars.

All the ones I went to, only had popcorn, pretzels or peanuts!

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Y'all must have been going to them high class bars.

All the ones I went to, only had popcorn, pretzels or peanuts!
    Lots of old neighborhood bars that served hot lunches and most were really good. The Tombstone pizza's might have been a deal that Tombstone set up with them. All it took was for one person to order a pizza, then everyone followed in ordering them. One of my favorite lunch bars was Andy & Sofia's old polish neighborhood bar. You didn't leave hungry.
    s_c75bc2aa-f4c8-4cc1-8982-ce93f8d17773.jpg

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    How do you like that shiner cheer? Is it as good as the original ?
    I drank one with dinner. Really not decided on it yet. The peach hits your nose when you bring the bottle up, but then goes away. Not sure I could taste any pecans. It wasn't a smart choice with dinner that I had. Lime & Sea Salt would have been better.

Of all Spoetzl beers Ruby Redbird is my favorite. Bock gives me headaches really bad headaches. I see the have a Collins Street Fruit Cake out now listed on their web site. Hard telling if it will make it out to the sticks.

Top Bottom